SCHEDULE: Varies; operational hours are 5:30am to 7pm daily, 7 days a week, schedule as assigned and on-call. Weekends and holidays, weather emergencies included. This is an essential role in an emergency.
The names �driver� and �stock person� may be used interchangeably in this document and in the workplace.
The On-Call Driver/Stock Person is primarily responsible for receiving all deliveries, checking invoices and donated slips for discrepancies, and properly storing all food and supplies whether purchased or donated to the Inn. The On-Call Driver/Stock Person also interacts with donors and is frequently scheduled to pick up donated items coming to the Inn. The incumbent delivers all meals and supplies to Pine Street Inn�s programs and external (iCater), customers following the standards and practices of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Massachusetts driver�s license with an acceptable driving record
- Must be able to read English satisfactorily
- Basic computer skills, and the ability to use Windows 2010 programs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift at least fifty (50) pounds of weight
- Ability to climb in and out of large trucks
- Frequent bending, stooping, and access walk-ins (refrigerators and freezers) for extended periods of time
- Must be able to store food deliveries in excess of 100 cases
- Must feel comfortable driving for long periods of time, sometimes in excess of four (4) hours per day and to various locations across the state
- Must be able to multi-task and perform in an environment that is often times stressful and demanding
- Must be able to work under pressure, set timelines and meet deadlines
- Must be able to follow multiple directives from a varied number of individuals, prioritize these tasks and demonstrate the ability to switch tasks, use materials productively, and focus on production goals and quality of the finished products
- Must be able to stay focused and pay attention regarding the filling of food requisitions and the receipt of food products
- Good leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills are a plus
- Must be able to coordinate the effort and work of support cooking staff (kitchen associates and FSTP students), their use of materials, production knowledge and quality of finished products
The iCater Driver/Stock Person will spend most of their time in the food service operations working in the food storage areas; assisting with organizing and tracking inventory. The position also requires someone who is able to stand on his/her feet for extended periods of time while working. In addition, the stock person spends a fair amount of time in the cold food storage areas (walk-in refrigerators and freezers), cleaning, organizing, pulling items, storing items and taking inventory.
- Certified in ServSafe (Food Service sanitation and safety certification)
- Previous experience driving a medium size box truck
- Prior experience in food service
We are looking for an individual who is punctual, is compassionate and has a good disposition, is flexible, pays attention to safety, is professional and shows initiative. Also important is someone who is focused on job quality and continued improvement, is tolerant, and is committed to department unity and teamwork.
VACATIONS & HOLIDAYS:
Delivery and Inventory Manager approves all vacations for all stock personnel. Only one (1) stock person/driver would be granted vacations for any given period within a calendar year. Employees must be able to work on a holiday if that said holiday falls on their scheduled work period.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Delivers meals to PSI programs and iCater customers. Working closely with the cooks to ensure meals are packaged correctly and shipped at the assigned time. Strong attention to iCater food quality, delivery time, and satisfaction is expected to promote a positive customer relationship.
- Adheres to all food safety procedures when receiving, picking up, delivering and/or storing foods. Potentially hazardous foods (meat, seafood, diary product, poultry, prepared or cooked foods, etc) must be kept cold or frozen.
- Donations and purchased items must be appropriately stored immediately upon receipt. Ensures that items are stored off the floors and away from walls (by at least 6�). In addition, items must be rotated according to FIFO & LILO (�first in, first out� or �last in, last out�).
- Assists donors in the delivery of items coming to the inn. Must be an ambassador for the inn and take steps to address immediate needs of the donor.
- Assists in conducting physical inventories of all food service items (freezers, refrigerators and dry goods areas) on a regular basis.
- Delivers stock to the kitchen (for daily production of meals) within the specified time.
- Reviews stock pull sheets with the Delivery and Inventory Supervisor or Executive Chef once completed.
- Immediately notifies the Delivery and Inventory Supervisor and FS Management Team of any shortages of products.
- Delivers supplies to programs and departments within the inn and to external customers, adhering to the Weekly Shipping Guide. Signatures of receipt of items by PSI programs and iCater customers must be turned in to the Acquisition and Distribution Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring the serving areas within the men and women�s inns programs are stocked at all times.
- Must help create and foster a sense of teamwork amongst all FS employees. Must also contribute to a safe, friendly and cooperative work environment. Adheres to the time and attendance policies and practices of the department
- Assigned to and is responsible for pulling frozen meat, seafood, dairy product, poultry, prepared or cooked foods, etc. for production and storing appropriately in refrigerators for use in production. Weekly pulled sheets are posted at various locations within the department. Pulled items must be labeled and stored according to the standards and practices of the department.
- Responsible for operating the inn�s vehicles according to the policies and procedures of the inn. Is responsible for keeping vehicles cleaned, well maintained and properly fueled on a daily basis.
- Must maintain cleanliness and order in all stock areas. These include, but are limited to the dumb waiter, the loading dock and receiving room, refrigerators, freezers, chemical storage room and all dry good storage areas.
- Is responsible for keeping all storage areas (freezers, dry goods areas, basement refrigerator and access at conveyor belt into basement) locked and secured, especially at closing times and when leaving the immediate area for extended periods of times.
- Other related duties as required/directed
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization during the COVID-19 pandemic or other public health or weather emergency