A $60Bn company with 2,200+ stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation. It's in our blood.
Our private label on-trend 'Own Brands' have built such loyalty among our 34 million weekly customers that four of them are billion-dollar brands (O Organics, Signature SELECT™, Signature Café®, and Lucerne®). Looking more closely at our Own Brands portfolio, we are launching over 800+ new items across multiple brands in our portfolio annually, making it one of the most diverse in-house and trusted brands in the country consisting of more than 11,000 high quality products achieving $11Bn in sales.
The Safeway Bellevue Ice Cream Plant, located in Bellevue, WA has an opening for a Plant Production Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, lead, direct operation activities on the shift and give appropriate feedback to employees.
- Build teams and assign accountability.
- Develop a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality and safety.
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Safeway, Federal and State guidelines.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.)
- Responsible for all processes on the shift.
- Oversee activities including ordering, processing, packaging, and shipping of all plant products and services.
- May schedule production, schedule crews, order materials, and/or order supplies.
- Plan, delegate, and monitor progress on work assignments and special projects.
- Manage to assigned financial budget targets - typically labor management, waste management and efficiency.
- Utilize new technology and Lean manufacturing principles and processes available to maximize efficiency. - Identify cost cutting measures.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Specialization: BS/BA in related field preferred.
- Experience may substitute for education.
- Experience Level: 1 to 2 years Bakery experience plus the education listed above is preferred.
- Proven understanding of production/operations/manufacturing requirements.
- Ability to manage and develop employees.
- Working experience with equipment/maintenance.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Proven time management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS applications including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and ability to grasp additional business related applications.
- Must be available to be assigned to varying shifts.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled