Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings company, is a mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in McLean, VA. Since E3 Federal Solutions and The Sentinel Company combined forces in 2018 and rebranded in 2020, Avantus works as a unified company to draw upon its heritage companies’ histories of consistent growth and high performance in the federal services market.
Avantus’s services and solutions are designed, tailored, and executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers solve complex problems.
Avantus Federal is building a team to help the Department of Homeland Security address critical national security issues. Our team will be conducting open-source analysis to identify potential threats at the nexus between illegal immigration, national security and public safety.
Avantus is looking for a Senior Analyst to manage a small team to locate illegal immigrations who pose a danger to national security or public safety. The team will analyze publicly accessible social media platforms as well as commercial and law enforcement databases to identify person-specific address information. This information will be assembled into reports for use by law enforcement personnel.
- At least 10 years of continuous experience in performing primarily social media and open source information, research, targeting and analysis;
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Knowledge of immigration and criminal justice laws, regulations, and policies; and
- At least two years of supervisory or team leader experience and experience managing a team workload with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Masters or other advanced degree
- DHS suitability
- Ability to obtain a SECRET or higher clearance
- Experience analyzing publicly available social media information
- Experience using Thomson Reuter’s CLEAR and/or LexisNexis Accurint systems
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.