DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses, and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Under the general supervision of the Unit Director or designee, the Clinical Coordinator assumes responsibility for the direction and coordination of all functions in the unit, in collaboration with the Director or the absence of the Director. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit. The clinical coordinator also collaborates with the Director regarding budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement. The Clinical Coordinator assists the Director in providing nursing leadership to the unit and overseeing the clinical operations of the unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports maintains and provides an environment that is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices develop and endorse customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate concerning the patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on the assessment of the patient.
- Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided for the unit, in collaboration with the Director.
- Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision, and management of staff. Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the absence of the Director.
- Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources cost-effectively and productively for the operational area of the nursing unit. Plays an active role in scheduling and ensuring the needs are met for the unit in terms of staffing.
- Other duties as assigned.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- NPR Preferred
- TNCC Preferred
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
2 years of critical care experience.
- CCRN, TNCC
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician’s orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Acute Care Experience
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.