Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Certified as a Registered Nurse
- Acute care experience required
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- BSN preferred, BLS, ACLS within 60 days of hire.
- Critical care experience preferred.