About IDEKO: iDEKO is an award-winning, full-service event production agency specializing in the production of large-scale experiential events. We pride ourselves on the culture and values we’ve created over the past 5 years and were honored to be named as one of the best places to work in events by Event Marketer for 2019.
Position Summary: An iDEKO Technical Producer is responsible for leading the technical production team on projects. This person will collaborate with clients to execute the never-been-done and deliver best-in-class levels of tech acumen and production management while forging relationships with clients, vendors, and production partners alike to help spearhead a project through successful completion. We’re talking about providing exceptional customer service while being ultimately responsible for the “how and why”, including but not limited to, all vendor management, budget management, timeline management, scenic and fabrication, printing, staging, audio, video, lighting, rigging, and labor.
- Lead projects in all areas of planning and execution from a technical perspective.
- Complete the advance planning of all production/technical elements as needed.
- Consult and provide technical guidance with clients regarding equipment, materials, labor, and schedules to clarify project scope and meet production requirements.
- Manage the production team, labor, vendors, strategic partners, and internal team to ensure collaboration and communication.
- Review and approve production labor timesheets on assigned projects.
- Manage all internal timelines and deliverables in collaboration with the account manager on the project.
- Perform site surveys and draft site-plans, ground-plans, etc. as needed.
- Responsible for overseeing all talent tech riders, facility capabilities, budgets, labor agreements, and policies to ensure a seamless event integration.
- Help create budget estimates and manage all budgets on assigned projects.
- Prepare equipment rental orders (e.g. scenic, staging a/v, lighting, etc.).
- Build out an adequate team for projects as needed.
- Responsible for organizing and collating all production-related materials related to an event including, but not limited to permits, ROS, production schedule, vendor information, insurance COI’s, onsite contact sheets.
- Responsible for overseeing all load-ins, load-outs and on-site team members.
- Enforce safety standards, policies, and procedures and make recommendations as necessary.
- Delegate authority, while maintaining oversight on assigned tasks delivery.
- Coach and oversee junior team members on the execution of individual job details.
- Maintain all production-related project management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 5+ years of live theatre, touring concert and event production experience is required.
- Functional competencies in event staging, scenic, theatrical rigging, sound reinforcement, production lighting and audio, video production, projection mapping, broadcast, and labor management.
- Drafting expertise – Vectorworks or AutoCAD is required. Please do not apply without this expertise.
- Working experience with immersive technologies.
- A proven track record of executing successful projects.
- Experience with managing both union and non-union labor.
- Experience with outdoor concerts and events and capability to respond to outdoor element related issues.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to focus on details as well as the tactical aspects of projects.
- Must be willing to travel and work weekends and overnights as necessary.
- Experience with regulatory compliance, insurance requirements, and contract negotiations.
- Must have experience tracking project AP/AR.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce.
- Vectorworks/CAD expertise.
- Graphic rendering ability (3-D or drawing based).
- Scenic and fabrication design and construction.
- Software and app development.
Desired Traits & Values:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to relate with many personality types and is a natural communicator.
- Self-motivated, but team-oriented.
- Celebrates endless creativity and innovation.
- Fosters a culture of integrity, equality, self-expression, and diversity.
- Is always learning new things.
- Embraces brilliance and family spirit.
- Takes the work seriously, but keeps things enjoyable.
- Treats others as you would want to be treated.