Reports to: IM Project Portfolio Manager
Functions Supervised: Project Planning, Execution and Closure.
Primary Functions: Executes project processes pertaining to the initiation, planning, execution, and closure of medium to large information technology projects. Develops and maintains project management plans, sub-plans and project documents. Monitors project performance in accordance with predetermine timelines, budgets and project objectives. Proactively manages project risks, issues and communications to ensure project objectives are met. Responsible for developing and maintaining positive rapport and productive working relationships with project sponsors, executive leadership, senior managers and key stakeholders throughout the project life cycle. Provides guidance and direction to Project Leads, Project Team members and IM Project Analysts I & II.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains a thorough understanding of the alignment between an approved project, its portfolio and the specific goals and objectives the project was initiated to support.
- Coordinates extensively with project sponsor(s), key stakeholders and the program/portfolio management office; and develops accurate and realistic project management strategies to ensure the project objectives are accomplished.
- Creates project initiation documents in that will include (but not limited to) an outline of the project scope, strategic goals, project objectives, major deliverables, estimated resources, budget, timeline and project manager authority levels.
- Develops and executes project plans for identifying and managing both project management and product work to include (but not limited to) procedures for requirements management, project and product change management, configuration control of project artifacts and the creation of work breakdown structures.
- Develops and executes plans to ensure all project tasks, milestones and resource requirements pertaining to project management and product work are integrated into a master project schedule; procedures are developed to ensure accurate schedules are maintained; and work authorization processes are created.
- Develops and executes project plans to formulate and manage project budgets in accordance with established accounting procedures.
- Leads the project team through the process of identifying project risks and development of risk mitigation strategies. Ensures approved risk monitoring and management strategies are documented and executed.
- Develops and executes project communication plans that will convey project status, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to project stakeholders, sponsors, team members and governance committees.
- Develops and executes quality management plans to ensure project deliverables conform to documented business requirements and project objectives.
- Fosters teamwork among project team members, sponsors and stakeholders by working cooperatively and effectively to set goals, resolve conflicts and positively influence the accomplishment of project objectives.
- Develops and executes project procurement and vendor management plans in accordance with established procedures.
- Leads project teams in the development of technical work plans and strategies to include (but not limited to) systems analysis, technical design, coding, testing, user acceptance and implementation of IT systems and/or applications; ensures technical approach is documented in project documents and artifacts; and monitors execution of technical work plans as part of the project performance management plan.
- Monitors project performance in accordance with project management plans, leads the development of corrective action strategies, executes change management procedures and ensures approved corrective actions are implemented and documented.
- Organizes, conducts and facilitates project team meetings and management reviews.
- Fosters continuous process improvement by capturing and documenting lessons learned, and assisting the program/portfolio management office in the development of project portfolio and program management processes, procedures and tools.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Credit Union operations and an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging applications, technologies and industry best practices. Develop familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of team efforts and results.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or related field with a concentration in project management.
Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Equivalent in training and related work experience to include a recognized certification such as PMP.
Experience/Skills: A minimum of six years progressive experience performing project support duties for information technology projects. Experience working under the direction of a project or program management office. Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills. Strong writing skills with the ability to author business and technical documents. Strong collaborative skills with a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of information technology professionals, executives and financial institution managers. Experience working in a financial institution is highly desirable.
Tenure: Not applicable