Candidate will provide advanced and creative technical consulting for the use of identity management (IdM) technologies to enhance U.S. border security by screening and managing the identities of travel document applicants. The candidate will have a good understanding of IdM capabilities (existing, emerging, R&D) to research, develop, engineer, evaluate, and implement solutions that enhance border security, screening, and vetting missions.
- Engineer solutions to optimize, monitor, and measure the accuracy of a large-scale, U.S. government, operational face recognition system
- Analyze how national and international biometrics standards, proposed standards, laws and policies would affect the processing of U.S. visas and passports
- Research and measure capabilities of various types of biometric sample capture and imaging equipment as well as various modalities of biometric identification software
- Develop alternate concepts of operation to improve biometric sample and image quality, including automated image quality assessment, image enhancement, device calibration
- Develop software algorithms to assess and improve image quality
- Conduct research and development of biometric, identity management, and fraud prevention solutions
- Provide technical guidance for the acquisition of identity management technologies, including requirements, measurement, and evaluation
- Interact with Noblis clients in domains such as intelligence, biometrics, and homeland security to understand their needs and issues and identify alternatives that may result in increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist in the establishment of objectives and priorities for biometrics-related R&D activities
- Contribute to written deliverables and presentations
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Masters Degree or Ph.D. in Biometrics Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Preferred)
- A Bachelors of Science and 5 years of related experience will be considered
- Secret security clearance eligibility, Top Secret clearance eligibility preferred
- Ideal background would include experience in image processing, pattern recognition, biometrics, and statistical analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills with colleagues and clients, as well as demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytic and creative problem-solving abilities.
Highly desirable skills:
- Design and/or implementation of identity management algorithms
- Knowledge of image processing, pattern recognition
- Experience in quantitative testing of biometric algorithms
- Knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, deep learning, data analytics, Generative adversarial networks (GANs)
- Knowledge of document security features, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), document imaging, Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Knowledge of optics, sensors, color management, measuring image quality characteristics
- Publication track record
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.