Coordinates the activities and flow of work for an assigned area or function.
• Prioritizes multiple tasks and projects to ensure timely completion.??Delegates and assigns work commensurate with knowledge, skill and experience, and ensures the work is performed appropriately.
• Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues and systems/performance measures.
• Responsible for supervision of staff to include performance evaluations, hiring, coaching and??counseling.
• Serves as a resource??to staff??regarding departmental/area??policies, procedures and services.
• PACS management when required.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
• LEADING BY COACHING: Knowledge of coaching approaches, tools, and techniques that improve individual performance and foster development.
• MANAGING BUSINESS PRIORITIES: Adapts to changing business priorities while achieving established goals and timelines.
• MANAGING PEOPLE: Uses HR/Performance Management processes and systems to align individual performance to achieve organizational results.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• Accredited Program
• ARRT - American Registry of Radiology Tech
• BLS Certification
• Certified Radiologic Technologist
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.??Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 3 years of experience in Imaging Services.
• Bending and Stooping 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 40.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 20.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 20.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 20.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 20.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 20.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 20.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 20.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 20.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 20.00%
• Hazardous Medication 20.00%
• Latex 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Fire Risk 20.00%
• Magnetic Fields 20.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 20.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
• Radiation 20.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• Emergency Department
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Radiology and Imaging Services
• Memorial Ventilator Program
• New Vision Medical Stabilization
• Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
• Urgent Care Center
• Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
• Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.