Primarily performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exams. Ensures quality standards are met and promotes continuous quality improvement. Maintains current knowledge of MR technology and equipment as applicable. Responsible for Patient Safety, including pre-screening for implants and researching for clearance if needed, aseptic injection technique for contrast administration, etc. Able to perform job functions as a MRI technologist while modeling the hospital core values as well as excellent communication and customer service skills. Acts as a knowledge resource for students, technologists, and others.
1. Performs staff/student education and orientation duties.
2. Manages their assigned scanner efficiently and productively by following the appointments that arescheduled and protocol guidelines.
3. Ability to perform all MR imaging procedures according to department standard in a timely and efficient
4. Produces examinations that meet image quality standards. Submits images for physician interpretation.
5. Verifies accuracy of: patient demographic information, pertinent clinical diagnosis, and required technical technical data entry components are complete and exam is verified on PACS prior to the end of shift.
6. Data must be entered accurately and in a timely fashion to provide optimal patient care. Verifies all
7. Communicates changes to the schedule due late arrivals, or potential issues that may arise throughout the day via voalte or phone to all parties.
8. Responsible for call on a rotating basis adhering to on-call policies and procedures.
9. Provide proper coverage is across multiple divisions per need of the department.
10. Ability to adapt and implement new or innovated ways to performing procedures in Medical Imaging.
11. Ensures that daily quality control is completed, restart of the systems, and also that every scanner’s hard drive is below 60% for efficiency of the scanners.
12. Actively supports organizational changes as well as the business needs of the department. Includes covering and rotating shifts as needed.
13. Works cooperatively to accomplish additional tasks as necessary to achieve hospital/department objectives.
14. Resolve patient questions and concerns or escalate to the Office Manager/ Resource Facilitator in a timely
15. Adheres to MR safety procedures as described in the MR safety program.
16. Actively participates in a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. Works closely with nurses and physicians to achieve positive outcomes and optimal patient flow.
17. Performs job functions while modeling hospital core values for but not limited to servicing excellence and collaboration to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
18. Abides by, and maintains a working knowledge of, both institutional policy and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JC) patient safety goals and guidelines.
19. Rotate to our various satellite locations per the need of the department.
20. Other job functions as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification in MR is required within one year of hire. Certification must be maintained throughout employment.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certification required.
- Minimum of two years radiology, or MR, experience required. Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) licensure must be maintained.
- Excellent communication/listening skills, bilingual helpful.
- Ability to make quick, accurate decisions on a daily basis. Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Operates a personal computer, which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other department specific software as required.
- Maintain and update educational record on an annual basis. Meet all department required competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.