Be a part of a world-class academic health-care system at UChicago Medicine as a Imaging Specialty Technologist in the Interventional Radiology Department.
The Imaging Specialty Technologist performs specialty diagnostic imaging (CT, MR, Interventional Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, and Mammography studies as assigned. Applies principles of radiation protection (if applicable). Exercises professional judgment in the performance of specialty imaging procedures. Provides necessary patient care during the course of imaging procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Under the supervision of a lead technologist orients to performing imaging duties as assigned
- Learns to position the patient being tested to insure that proper image capture is achieved
- Learns to select proper technical factors and utilize computer to record patient status
- Begins to function proficiently with all technical equipment in diagnostic modality
- Learns to assist physician in performing imaging studies
- Learns to prepare contrast media for administration to patients and assists the physician
- Works under the supervision of a lead technologist in area as assigned
- Under the supervision of a lead technologist orients to safety of patients as a priority in performing studies
Imaging Specialty Technologist Required Qualifications
- Experience in General x-ray, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, MRI, IR or CT and satisfactory completion of formal Radiology technology training program.
- Certificate eligible for American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine Certification Board (NMTCB), American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT) or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Licensure by the State of Illinois (IEMA): (exception MRI and Ultrasound)
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Radiologic Technologist (exception Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound).
- CPR/BLS training required for all roles listed below.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0) ; 10-hour shifts
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Interventional Radiology
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.