Seeking an imaging systems architect to join a small firm in Dallas. The candidate will have specific experience in stereo imaging & multispectral imaging. Looking for someone who can participate in the design & development of existing & new imaging systems. The candidate will have experience in development, design & implementation of imaging systems from selection & arrangement of components, system calibration & image processing pipeline.
- Create & implement test plans & methods for verifying imaging system performance
- Work with other engineers to appropriately tolerance system components to meet requirements
- Select system components for stereo imaging systems and/or provide specifications for design
- Create, develop, and improve algorithms for camera calibration and for creating high density, high accuracy depth maps from stereo image pairs
- Understand impact of individual components on calibration accuracy & quality of imaging system outputs, including contrast, brightness, uniformity, and depth maps
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of proposed imaging system architectures in terms of accuracy, processing speed, and development effort
- Participates in peer reviews & code inspections
- Create plans consisting of well-defined tasks towards the completion of key milestones
- Implementation & delegation of well-defined tasks
- Write requirements for low-level software & middleware
- Document design specifications & drive the development of lower level engineering specifications
- Identify vendors and contract manufacturers to source components
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, up to 20%, including internationally
- BS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering field with an emphasis on computer vision, or relevant experience in imaging system development.
- Working knowledge of camera and stereo calibration, including correction of lens distortion and rectification of stereo image pairs.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in imaging systems.
- Experience with one or more of the following image processing platfors: OpenCV, Matlab Image Processing Toolkit, Scikit-image, Numpy/Scipy.
- Working knowledge of epipolar geometry and algorithms for calculating stereo image pair disparity.
- Working knowledge of optics, including lenses, lens selection, spectroscopy, and radiometry.
- At least 7 years of relevant, progressively more responsible work experience in imaging systems development and/or a graduate degree with relevant project experience.
- Familiar with LIDAR, time of flight, and other depth/distance measuring tools.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with camera and stereo calibration.
- Experience in medical device product development and documentation, or in another regulated industry (i.e. Defense, Aerospace, Automotive, Telecom)
- Experience with OpenGL, CUDA, or any other GPU-accelerated software development tools.
- Prior experience working with AI development teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.