87P, LLC is a market leader in food production specializing in healthy concepts and products with clean labels located in Carol Stream, IL. We provide full-service, clean-label food processing solutions and full-service cold-pressed juice and beverage solutions and are searching for a full-time CDL Class B truck driver. Our driver will deliver and pickup raw materials and finished goods for the company and our customers while providing excellent service in a safe & efficient manner. Our truck is 26 ft. long that is air brake equipped with a manual transmission. The Driver will directly report to the Logistics Manager. This position is for evening/overnight driving.
• Maintain a safe working environment for all team members and visitors.
• Maintain high quality and cleanliness standards in accordance with company food safety and sanitation standards
• Drive a delivery truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)
• Help load / unload shipment to / from the 87P facility
• Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
• Follow all federal, state, and local driving law, rules, regulations
• Keep all commercial license requirements current
• Maintain proper truck temperatures (41 degrees or less for food)
• Keep logs as required by 87p
• Operate vehicle in safe and efficient manner
• Conduct daily inspections of vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order and at the end of the shift and report any problems or damage to management
• Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
• Ensure accuracy by reconciling BOL's with actual shipment
• Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients
• Strong people skills/communication
• 5+ years driving experience
• Previous experience working in food safe processing facility (preferred)
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• CDL Class B
• Clean driving record
• English speaking, reading and writing
• Move/Lift up to 60lbs; move pallets with pallet jack
• Sits most of the day
• Bend/Stoop/Position one’s self to move product
We hire and fire in accordance with our company’s Core Values:
• Continuous Improvement
• Safety & Healthy
• Environmental Stewardship
We offer competitive pay; Medical, Dental, Vision, voluntary coverage (STD, LTD, Life); an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); holiday pay, plus a great working environment, a culture of trust and growth opportunities for our employees.