- The Immigration Coordinator supports the immigration function within the Human Resources department.
- The Immigration Coordinator is responsible for advising employees applications and paperwork, and maintain regulatory compliance.
- This position reports to the Immigration Program Manager.
- Serve as immigration specialist/resource to client population on-site for all immigration matters.
- Schedule meetings with client(s) to provide overview of upcoming visa processes (NIV and IV/PR) and answers questions, as needed.
- Follow up/meet with client to obtain outstanding documentation.
- Facilitate completion of immigration case submissions by obtaining signatures, missing information, etc. from client.
- Create, edit, print and distribute materials.
- Ensure that client is compliant with posting and maintaining required documentation.
- Prepare immigration-related correspondence (e.g. employment confirmation letters, invitation letters, travel packets, business introduction letters, etc.) for client, as needed.
- General administrative duties as needed (i.e. faxing, copying, typing, etc.)
- Maintain client contact information.
- Prepare, update and manage status reports. Prepare custom reports. Build knowledge of Firm and client processes.
- Routine case monitoring (i.e. USCIS, DOL, NVC, etc.).
- Assist with pre-offer immigration assessments, case initiations, escalations, USCIS site visits, Public Access Files.
- Provides company specific information for H-1B, J-1, TN, and E-3 visa petitions
- Work directly with employees and Immigration Program Manager to help resolve complex immigration matters, advise on potential risks and challenges, and resolve issues by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business and employee needs.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with all immigration government agencies including US Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of State (J-1 Program and US Consulates), Department of Homeland Security and Department of Labor.
- Liaise with outside counsel to interpret and apply immigration policies and procedures in a timely manner when appropriate.
- Manage in-house postings for PERM recruitment.
- Advise on regulatory changes that may impact the program and/or employees. Assist in executing change and communication plans.
- E-verify, I-9 for FNs, archiving files, monthly reporting, check requests.
- BA/BS diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of US immigration, with minimum 3 years' experience.
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Possess high ethical standards.
- Experience working with E-Verify, SEVIS, DOL iCERT, OFLC Online Data Wage, US Client I-94 Admission Records preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS suite, including Excel
- Ability to plan, problem solve, execute, and multi-task with flexibility.
- Extensive reporting, file and document management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in the legal field, particularly immigration and global mobility and expanding knowledge and responsibilities in casework preparation.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and strong organizational and data entry skills
- Meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisor.