The Wonderful Company is a privately-held vertically-integrated consumer portfolio company that is experiencing extraordinary growth. Over the last five years, Wonderful has doubled in size to $4B in revenue and achieved consistent year-over-year double-digit revenue growth. We are on pace to continue this trajectory for the next several years ahead.
We are seeking a seasoned attorney with a minimum of five years of exclusive immigration law experience to join our in house legal team.
Our full-service law group is a sizeable team, with approximately 70 individuals, including 40 attorneys. As compared to many other in-house groups, our lawyers actually do the overwhelming majority of the legal work instead of just managing outside counsel. This allows our lawyers to continue to expand their legal skills, while developing their business skills and learning the unique risk profiles of our individual businesses. Our lawyers are sought after across our businesses as go-to problem solvers and highly regarded as such. Additional perks include not having to bill hours, no pressure to get or retain clients, and a reasonably consistent and predictable work schedule, involving limited overnight travel.
This is a rare opportunity to join a vibrant and growing entrepreneurial company and, because we are privately owned, there is no cumbersome public shareholder concerns or bureaucratic decision-making. Sound interesting?
Here's what you'll do:
* Determine and prepare all aspects of the visa application and extensions process for all foreign national employees, including working closely with foreign national employees, their managers and HR to obtain necessary information for preparation and filing of petitions/applications with proper U.S. government agencies including USCIS, Department of Labor, NVC, and U.S. consulates
* Communicate updates, recent policies and guidelines on U.S. immigration to employees and management.
* Advise on strategic planning regarding immigration-related business issues.
* Help employees, managers, and HR enhance their understanding of immigration rules and ensure compliance with all applicable immigration rules and regulations.
* Conduct immigration law-related research.
* Track and update employees' immigration status, deadlines, and expiration dates, and enter data in case management systems.
* Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience practicing immigration law.
* Ability to prepare, file and execute all types of visas, including but not limited to H-1B, H-2A TN, L-1, O-1, E-3, F-1, and J-1 and EB-1/EB-2/EB-3 I-140/AOS, and PERM).
* JD from an accredited, top tier law school.
* Strong academic credentials, excellent analytical, verbal and written skills required.
* Member in good standing of California State Bar.
* Ability to provide top-quality, proactive, accurate and effective legal support in a fast-moving environment with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to communicate well and work effectively with different personalities across different business units.
* Attention to detail and willingness to perform all visa-related tasks and paperwork.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Onsite subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
* Free onsite yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Free tobacco cessation programs.
* Work life balance.
* All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
* Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
* We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $80 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled