Alami Law is searching for two (2) phenomenal Senior Legal Assistants. As long as you are self-driven, there is great potential for professional growth in our office.
Title: Immigration Senior Legal Assistant - Two (2) openings
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must be fluent in Spanish;
- A minimum of five (5) years immigration law experience required;
- Must be ready to hit the floor running;
- Must be detail-oriented and organized;
- Must be able to understand and explain immigration concepts and present strategic solutions to attorneys;
- Manage a large caseload, effectively prioritizing deadlines;
- Prepare diverse immigration applications, including removal defense & family-based immigration petitions, with a focus on EOIR/BIA, I-601A/I-601, and U Visa applications;
- Review immigration work and make any necessary adjustments;
- Meet with clients for preparation of cases;
- Prepare and submit legal briefs/motions/appeals;
- Assist and support attorneys in handling cases;
- Attend continuing legal education (CLE) classes;
- Interact with outside entities (e.g. government agencies, other law firms) to gather information or coordinate appearances as needed; and
- Liaise with attorneys and staff as needed to ensure legal services meet or exceed expectations.
Salary + Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k))
- On-site monthly trainings with attorneys and staff
- Opportunities to serve the community via community outreach events
- Opportunities for growth in our office.
Writing Samples + References
- Submit your resume with cover letter
- Submit three (3) of your best writing samples - motion/waiver/legal brief/U Visa related
- Submit two (2) references.