Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
The Immunology Clinical Specialist (ICS) position is responsible for driving demand for the assigned product, CIMZIA® (certolizumab pegol), by reinforcing the clinical features of the product and UCB value within an assigned territory; engaging and building relationships with clinical decision makers and office support staff to create the best experiences for patients living with severe immunologic diseases who are treated in the home care setting.
The Immunology Clinical Specialist will be required to demonstrate an excellence in core UCB Stakeholder Facing Competencies that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives for At Home administered UCB product (CIMZIA).
- Attains sales goals and objectives by product volume as well as other key accountabilities such as reach/frequency with assigned call plan stakeholders, collaborations with the Immunology Clinical Account Specialist and other members of the UCB Patient Value Team, in the assigned Territory.
- Develops a strong understanding and awareness of the patient journey of care, including the unique needs of patients within the at-home care setting.
- Works within the prioritized customer call plan to establish professional working relationships with HCP and support staff.
- Offers an outstanding patient experience with our product by communicating clinical information on assigned UCB product (CIMIZA) and relevant patient support services, to an audience of health care professionals and office staff involved in the decision-making process, to deliver a compelling product value proposition for the care of patients.
- Establishes an understanding of the local ecosystems, including the payor environment, including pharmacy benefits; demonstrating the ability to successfully navigate the complexities of local care delivery systems and models, comprised of multiple payers, with varying degrees of restriction and barriers to patient access for the assigned UCB product (CIMZIA).
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the competitive market place and drivers of prescriber decisions.
- Demonstrates consistent application of the UCB Patient Value Strategy principles by establishing collaborative and team oriented working relationships, integrating with local UCB ecosystem business partners, in a matrix environment encompassing Field Reimbursement Managers, Immunology Clinical Account Specialist, Partnership Leads, Regional and National Account Executives and Medical Science Liaisons, as appropriate and in compliance with UCB policies, to ensure coordination and execution of shared accountabilities such as clinical discussions, product access, and advocacy strategies with targeted HCPs.
- Knows when and how to bring in the right expertise at the right time from other UCB matrix roles based on the customer need or opportunity at hand, ensuring all engagement activities within an account are coordinated and all team members are informed.
- Conducts account related activities such as profiling, call planning, reviewing UCB sales data, related to at-home administration with assigned stakeholders, to create an understanding of HCP practices regarding the treatment of patients in the at-home setting.
- Strategically manages all allocated resources such as financial/budgets, samples, access opportunities, home office resources.
- Coordinates and supports promotional educational opportunities and programs intended to expand the knowledge of medical stakeholders and staff, such as peer-to-peer educational opportunities, in accordance with UCB policy.
- Stays current with all UCB training.
- Compliant with all UCB policies and approved messages; using only approved UCB sales materials and messages with HCPs, and other external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree BA/BS
- Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical, biologics or medical device experience.
- Demonstrated performance over sustained time period (i.e. yearly ranking) in a highly competitive disease state
- Discussing therapeutic strategies to inform and influence decision makers
- Developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills
- Executing marketing strategies at the local level
- Demonstrated business and strategic planning skills to identify unique selling opportunities and adaptability to changing market conditions
- Demonstrated understanding of managed care landscape and how it influences/impacts business
- Strong verbal, influencing, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and success working in teams
- Resides within assigned geography
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 to 8 years direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or healthcare industry
- Experience with injectable products
- Understanding of HUB HCP and Patient Value Services
- Understanding of the Specialty Pharmacy fulfillment process at the HCP and patient level
- Experience in calling on Gastroenterologists and/or Rheumatologists
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver License
- Ability to drive and/or fly to meetings and client sites
- Travel required 25-50%, depending on geographic assignment
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Clinic, Gastroenterology, Immunology, Medical, Biotech, Healthcare, Science