Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
The Dermatology District Manager position is responsible for leading, motivating, and inspiring activities of an assigned sales team of Dermatology Account Specialists within an assigned district.
The Dermatology District Manager coaches and develops Specialists to engage and build relationships with Dermatologists, other clinical decision makers and office support staff to create the best experiences for patients living with Psoriasis. The role will be required to demonstrate an excellence in core UCB Stakeholder Facing Competencies that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives for CIMZIA® (certolizumab pegol) and future Dermatology assets in the pipeline. Pacific District covers all of California, Nevada, Arizona and parts of New Mexico.
- Delivering consistent, compliant sales results of CIMZIA® in Dermatology in the assigned District by motivating, inspiring, leading and directing the activities of an assigned sales team of Dermatology Account Specialists
- Leading a team to raise UCB’s presence in the Dermatology marketplace and ensures the execution of the Dermatology business strategy for the assigned market segment
- Coaching and developing a results-oriented team to understand and apply in-depth clinical expertise, business acumen, effective selling skills.
- Developing and coaching to a strong understanding of the patient journey of care, including the unique needs of patients with Psoriasis.
- Building relationships with Key Dermatologists and KOLs within the district that facilitates a long-term partnership with UCB for today and the future.
- Establishing an understanding of the local health care ecosystems, including the payor environment.
- Navigating the complexities of local care delivery systems, models, and payors with varying degrees of restriction and barriers regarding patient access to CIMZIA®.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the Psoriasis competitive market place and drivers of prescriber decisions.
- Ensuring the collaboration with local business partners to partner in the delivery of the UCB Dermatology value proposition.
- Demonstrating the UCB Patient Value Strategy principles by establishing collaborative and team-oriented working relationships and integrating within a matrix environment.
- Strategically manages all allocated resources such as financial/budgets, samples, access opportunities, home office resources.
- Maintaining team compliance with all UCB training requirements.
- Behaving compliantly with all UCB policies / approved messages and coaching the team to use of approved UCB sales materials and messages with HCPs and other external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree BA/BS; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of successful management experience of a team selling in Dermatology; established relationships with Medical Dermatologists preferred
- 5 years direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or healthcare industry that has included:
- Selling in the Medical Dermatlogy space
- Experience with injectable bilogics products; Launch experienced preferred
- Discussing therapeutic strategies t inform and influence clinical decision makers
- Develping and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills
- Executing marketing strategies at the lcal level
- Demonstrated business and strategic planning skills to identify unique selling opportunities and adaptability to changing market conditions
- Demonstrated understanding of managed care landscape and how it influences/impacts business
- Strong verbal, influencing, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and success working in teams
- Resides within assigned geography
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver License. No more than 2 moving violations in the previous 3-year period.
- Ability to drive and/or fly to field rides, meetings and customer engagements
- Overnight travel required 25-50%, depending on geographic assignment
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Dermatology, Immunology, Biotech, Medical, District Manager, Healthcare, Science, Management