Immunotherapy Program Director Chicago North Suburbs
The Kellogg Cancer Center and Division of Hematology, the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, seeks an exceptional physician with extensive clinical experience ideally in lung cancer and expertise in immunotherapy to oversee the implementation of existing and novel clinical programs, clinical and translational research, and other key elements including clinical laboratory aspects, pharmacy integration, education and outreach internally and externally with additional goal of laying the groundwork for implementation of programs outside of cancer.
Within lung cancer
- Director will oversee lung cancer research including clinical trials development and implementation, and translational research utilizing their extensive biorepository, annotated database and structured clinical documentation notes.
- This physician will collaborate with programs within molecular pathology, personalized medicine, the NorthShore Research Institute and with programs including the Genomic Health Initiative.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years? experience leading and/or developing aspects of an immunotherapy and lung cancer research program; an understanding of key aspects to successfully with pathology to implement appropriate clinical laboratory assays and with a background or clear knowledge of key aspects of translational research.
- Prior experience and success in obtaining external funding and comfort in seeking pharmaceutical industry relationships for clinical research in immunotherapy and lung cancer is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills also required and previous leadership experience is a plus.
- Applicants must be board certified in Medical Oncology.
- This is an excellent opportunity to provide quality patient care within a highly successful, expanding organization.
- This is a physician-led, multi-specialty group with over 980 physicians and growing. This is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that includes four hospitals - Evanston Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital, Highland Park Hospital, and Skokie Hospital.
- They are a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; Mayo?s only collaboration of its kind in the Chicago region.
- Hospital offers a state-of-the art EMR and ranks as one of the ?Most Wired? hospital systems by Hospital and Health Networks.
- They are committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research.
- Academic appointment to the University of Chicago is available and expected for qualified candidates.
- They offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.