Who we are.
Dendreon is making the battle against cancer personal. Founded on the belief that the immune system holds the key to the future of cancer care, Dendreon is committed to the delivery of treatments that harness the power of the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells.
If you are looking to positively impact the lives of patients, we want you to join our team. Headquartered in Seal Beach, California, and with sizable locations in Union City (Greater Atlanta), Georgia and Seattle, Washington, as well as countrywide Commercial and Medical Science Liaisons teams, we have a diverse offering of exciting opportunities.
What we do.
Vision – Pioneering the future of immunotherapy.
Mission – Making the battle against cancer personal through immunotherapy treatments that extend lives.
How we do it.
The Dendreon Way. We are a purpose-driven, value-based culture. At Dendreon, we…..
- Put Patients First. Every day is a new opportunity to improve the lives of patients living with cancer.
- Elevate Our People. The strength of our company lies in the success of our team.
- Drive Results. Be accountable and execute – we win when everyone performs.
- Foster Innovation. Building a culture of creativity, and pushing past boundaries.
- Act with Integrity. Be honest, transparent, and committed to doing what’s right in every situation.
Are you ready?
Our high-performing organization challenges, develops, and rewards employees interested in pushing past typical career limitations. If you are passionate about helping patients and looking for a unique career opportunity, view our open positions to apply or refer a friend today.
Dendreon is seeking an Immunotherapy Territory Manager - Oregon who will achieve sales objectives in an assigned territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the business. Customers include oncologists, urologists, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions and formulary committees. The role is responsible for ensuring customer’s clinical conviction in the product as well as guiding the customer through the logistics process and seeing the sale through to its conclusion. The alignment for this territory is Northern CA Nevada border approximately Reno to coast, Oregon state through mid Idaho.
Growth and expansion efforts
- Promotes the growth of Provenge in target business segments, aligned to organizational goals and territory expectations.
- Utilizes effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for Provenge.
Drive for Results:
- Meets or exceeds stated regional, organizational goals and performance metrics, through successful planning and execution of local and regional strategies by analyzing the business and competitive landscape.
- Communicates appropriate clinical, technical, therapeutic, disease state and product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate on-label use of approved products within the territory.
- Serves as a resource for various oncology and urology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
- Develops tactics to drive sales growth, while building and maintaining strong business relations with accounts.
Planning and Organizing:
- Coordinates office meetings/luncheons with appropriate stakeholders for targeted accounts.
- Manages simultaneous complex selling situations from enrollment to infusion.
- Arranges and coordinates effective promotional and disease-state programs within assigned territory.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external resources in support of customer activity to optimize and exceed customer expectations.
- Manages promotional budget effectively and in a compliant manner.
- Completes required administrative duties such as delivery of business plans, completion of expense reports, and coordination of speaker programs, while complying with Field Sales SOPs.
- Complies with all OIG/FDA and corporate policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device sales
- Two (2) or more years selling in the Oncology or Urology therapeutic market or hospitals, with strong existing customer relationships
- Strong clinical aptitude with the skills to appropriately challenge customers.
- Demonstrated project management ability and selling in a buy-and-bill marketplace.
- Apply creativity and innovation to overcome barriers to access.
- Consistent track record of selling a complex product or service and successfully achieving / exceeding sales targets, with demonstrated success in growing a territory’s business over time.
- Effective teamwork to leverage all available resources within the division to achieve sales results.
- Ability to think, plan, and act strategically.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain ethical standards at all times.
- Proficient in using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and Microsoft suite of applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage: travel percentage based on territory.