The Core Equipment Engineering (CEE) under Wireline Network Operations and Engineering organization is responsible for detailed engineering, implementation engineering, and network equipment inventory for networks supporting Public and Private IP, Voice over IP (VoIP), Internal Data Network (IDN), Video and Data Centers. GEEI provides and supports construction and provisioning teams with detailed project installation packages (I-Specs), schematics, and material ordering while maintaining records in centralized engineering databases called ICON and VENUE.
The selected candidate will fulfill functions within the organization that may include:
• Perform detailed equipment engineering for new network build outs and augments. This includes the creation of I-Specs for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, requisitioning of project materials/equipment, and ensuring vendor delivery.
• Creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between cross functional teams to ensure successful, on-time completion.
• Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
• Manage, input, and update Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venue…) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
• Provide general guidance to cross functional teams as it pertains to Network projects, systems, and process.
• Resolve a wide array of engineering issues in coordination with other internal/external organizations.
• Maintain higher level privileges and access to system applications that are required to manipulate the engineering data.