With general direction and moderate latitude for independent judgment and discretion, this position oversees all aspects of the client implementation process from initiation to delivery. Projects will span product lines, and the Implementation Manager works collaboratively with internal and external customers to deliver quality projects within the specified timeline and scope defined.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position may reside in a Company location or remotely and provides centralized support to geographically diverse locations. This position typically reports to a Manager or Director of Implementation Services. At times, the Implementation Manager may also receive direction from more senior implementation management staff. The nature of the work entails that incumbents collaborate and work closely with implementation project team members. This includes cross-functional departments as well as clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Cultivate the client relationship in the implementation phase by setting and managing expectations.
2. Consult with client to manage expectations and ensure products meet client needs.
3. Serve as central point of contact in the implementation phase and routinely relay project information to management and key stakeholders.
4. Communicate thoroughly and effectively with the client, specifically focusing on client responsiveness.
5. Assess and evaluate client needs for initial scope of project and develop project specifications and objectives based on the assessment.
6. Prepare and maintain project plans and client-facing communications including - but not limited to - project timelines, schedules, agendas and training plans.
7. Monitor project deliverables and progress through the duration of the project plan and manage deviations as appropriate, including project scope.
8. Consult with the client to develop communications strategy and coordinate the delivery of materials.
9. Configure the system as defined in the project scope and specifications.
10. Conduct onsite presentations, webinars and conference calls during the implementation phase to orientate a new client, collaborate with contacts and train client contacts on the systems and processes.
11. Work closely with internal partners (Customer Service, Financial Operations, Card Operations, Product Support, and Product Development) to ensure client-specific requirements are executed.
12. Proactively identify factors jeopardizing the project and escalate issues to management as appropriate.
13. Manage multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
14. Develop and maintain product and system knowledge, attend and conduct internal and external training sessions, review enhancement and defect-resolution software release information.
15. Assist other team members with client implementations, product knowledge and project tasks.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Conduct post project reviews with management to improve workflow and identify opportunities for efficiencies
2. Provide sales support during sales cycle (finalist meetings/calls) as requested by management.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
No formal supervisory responsibility entailed, although this position may serve as a resource for other employees. The Implementation Manager is responsible for scheduling, assigning, coordinating, directing and reviewing the work of project team members and needs to be able to influence decisions in matrix organization.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of business and technology or a closely related field as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology related major or equivalent work experience. Formal project management training or certification is optimal.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
The ability and skill to coordinate, plan, document and manage an implementation project of moderate complexity as described as normally obtained through a minimum 4 years experience in project management with specific experience in a client facing role.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the benefits industry, specifically pre-tax benefits and payroll, is preferred.
Strong communication skills, written and verbal, professionalism and ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Positive attitude and demonstration of flexibility in project management approach to meet client needs.
Attention to detail and the ability to analyze and problem solve.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, and successfully work under time constraints.
Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, monitor and manage projects as described.
Proficiency with business and communications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook) is required. A strong, hands-on knowledge of Salesforce and SmartSheet is also required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Moderate (20-30%) overnight travel and travel spanning 1 to 4 days to customer, client and company facilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in a remote or office environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Work requires normal range of hearing and eyesight. Incumbent must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and operate a keyboard and other office equipment. The ability to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day and function in an environment with frequent interruptions is required. At times, incumbents are subject to sitting for prolonged periods. Infrequently, incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. Incumbent may experience elevated levels of stress during periods of increased activity and with work entailing multiple deadlines.
Incumbent is subject to high levels of stress, as this position is accountable for on-boarding of new clients in which deadlines are critical.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.