Implementation & Product Consultant
Fidelity’s pension administration client base is rapidly growing and we are looking for an Implementation & Product Consultant (IPC) to help us support and expand our list of clients that take advantage of our pension benefit administration solution. In this role, you will use your project management, leadership and relationship building skills to lead teams in the conversion efforts for transitioning new pension administration clients into Fidelity’s pension administration service model.. Your combination of strong communication skills, creative problem solving, and project management expertise will help the cross functional implementation team provide the best possible client and participant experience.
You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills across a variety of consulting areas including actuarial, health care, data, communications and administrative consulting.
Working across cross-functional teams provides associates with the unique opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of our consulting and administration offering and thereby to differentiate themselves, create and improve products/processes, and provide immense value to the organization.
Fidelity is an organization that allows you the freedom to explore your interests within the group while providing you the support needed to deliver on your best ideas.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 to 7 years pension consulting, and/or benefits outsourcing experience required
- Pursuit of advanced industry certification a plus (EA, ASA, CEBS, PMP)
- Fidelity experience desired
The Purpose of Your Role
As an Implementation & Product Consultant, you will be leading cross functional teams and managing client resources while transitioning a client’s current pension administration to Fidelity. You will serve as a communication agent between Fidelity and the client in representing products and services, solving client issues and concerns with creative problem solving skills, and keeping your Fidelity team and the client in close coordination on complex projects. The scope of your work will include oversight of requirements definition and documentation, conversion data efforts, as well as calculation engine and WebSolution configuration, In addition to implementation work you may work with clients experiencing corporate action activity post go-live, or new product rollout. You will serve to effectively focus on and manage scope, risk, and quality.
The Skills You Bring
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead in a matrix-managed environment
- Self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, actuarial knowledge a plus
- Ability to work within budgeted timeframes and manage project scope
- Knowledge of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, ERISA, IRC regulations
- Ability to negotiate successfully with clients and other business partners
- Ability to approach problems in a consultative manner while balancing internal best practices and standards
The Value You Deliver
- You are an effective communicator and adjust your communication style depending on the complexity of the topic and your audience.
- You take initiative and ownership when there are unexpected needs during a project.
- You approach your work with an end-to-end view to ensure cohesive product delivery to our clients and our operations teams.
- Your project management effectiveness serves to manage client expectations, project budgets, risk and quality while helping both the client and your project team navigate the complexity of the process in a controlled fashion.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Your work on implementations often serves as a client’s initial exposure to Fidelity’s capabilities, talent and expertise. The implementation stage is a critical juncture in a client’s onboarding experience and through your successful performance can lead to additional revenue opportunities through the sale of additional products and services as well as consulting services both during and following the implementation project.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.