This job requires the individual to manage accounts from A to Z, prepare all documentation necessary to clear merchandise through Customs and any applicable PGA, provide excellent, thorough and prompt customer service and perform any tasks assigned by the Manager, Supervisor, or Team Lead that meet the needs of the team and department including but not limited to the following areas:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with proven track record.
- Knowledge of import brokerage procedures and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“Customs”) and Participating Government Agency (“PGA”) requirements including the clearance process, classification and valuation.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and phone etiquette.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain an excellent rapport with customers and vendors.
- Effective at problem solving and research.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels. True team player; willing to help fellow team members when necessary.
- Detail oriented and a high degree of accuracy.
- Professional presentation.
- High school diploma minimum: college degree preferred
- Needs to Read, write, and speak Mandarin
- Candidate needs to have command of English
- Prepare, file and monitor Customs and PGA entries.
- Gather, research and interpret information from a variety of sources to prepare compliant and timely Customs ISF and entry filing as well as PGA entries.
- Provide excellent customer service and support.
- Efficient and effective communication with all parties in the supply chain via phone, email and in-person.
- Ensure payments and required documentation are submitted to Customs, PGAs, carriers, and vendors in a timely manner.
- Maintain complete and accurate files (both hard copy and electronic format as appropriate) for documentation and compliance purposes.
- Support and actively comply with the duties and responsibilities described in the JJB Brokerage Compliance Manual, C-TPAT Security Compliance Manual and all company policies.
- Additional responsibilities assigned, as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time