Job ID#: 23069BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Import/ Export Compliance Specialist
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory Services
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Import Export Compliance Administrator III to join our International Trade Compliance team at our Poway location. With appreciable direction, this position is primarily responsible for supporting import export operation activities within the International Trade Compliance department. Additionally, the selected individual will determine import and export classifications, handle document preparation and provide instruction to freight forwarding agencies and customs brokerage firms. You will be empowered to use your strong organizational and interpersonal, team and communication skills to work effectively with both internal and external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts effectively with a diverse group of individuals and work well as a team member. Must be open to challenges, new ideas, and change. Must be able to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Processes import and/or export shipments with the occasional AES filing.
- Identifies areas for process improvement for increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Conduct jurisdiction and classification analysis of GA-ASI products (against USML/CCL/Schedule B/HTS/Country of Origin).
- Identifies and reports to Manager any potential violations of trade compliance regulations and implement process improvements to mitigate risk.
- Supports internal, external and government-directed trade compliance audits and assessments and execute corrective action and training for GA-ASI and its business partners.
- Interprets Customs Duties, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administrations Regulations (EAR), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), INCOTERMS, etc. and provide subject matter expertise and guidance on import and/or export related shipment
- Assists in compliance related training initiatives to included training material development and training presentation to various departments and business units.
- Prepares and/or revise compliance related procedures, desktop work instructions, forms and business flowcharts.
- Reviews U.S. Government import and export regulations, corporate policies and procedures to ensure company compliance.
- Provides guidance to internal departments of GA-ASI, to ensure international business activities are conducted in compliance with applicable international trade compliance regulations.
- Provides logistics and shipment planning support for large scale deployments, demonstrations, and international shipments as they pertain to export operations.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field and six or more years progressively complex experience with a Bachelors or four or more years progressive experience with a Masters, in import/export administration. Additional professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Advanced Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point skills.
- Preferred experience with Sharepoint, SAP and OCR EASE software applications.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain flexibility in fast paced highly regulates environment.
- Experience with internal and external audit processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse groups involved in the import/export process: logistics, marketing, finance, sales, legal, shipping/receiving and contracts.
- Strong working knowledge with international shipping documents such as commercial invoice, packing list, air waybill, and export license; including consignee information, INCOTERMS, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data.
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CR), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), and Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) is beneficial.
- Preferred aerospace or defense company prior experience.
- Strong working knowledge with ACE/AES, Schedule B classification, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), country of origin determination.
- Custom’s Brokers License Preferred
- Ability to obtain security clearance as may be required.
- US citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No