About Flat World Global Solutions:
Built on a foundation of excellence to the client, to each other, and in the community, Flat World Global Solutions is a business that helps turn supply chains into a strategic advantage. Through our operating units of Domestic, International, Crating, and our in-house IT development firm Prologue Technology, the Flat World team delivers excellence to our clients daily!
Flat World's International division is seeking a smart and enthusiastic Import Transportation Coordinator candidate to join its growing team in Wood Dale, IL. Flat World is seeking a candidate who will not just be someone who is an excellent self-starter. Candidates will be responsible for resolving issues and uploading issues to leadership. Ideally, will be well versed in processes under the role's responsibilities and will be results-driven and focused. The goal is to insure operations are carried out productively so-as-to insure profitability and sustainable growth.
- Insure that all work is produced in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements.
- Maintain profiles for existing customers and/or create new profiles in company database including rates and services sold, delivery information, special instructions for classification / OGA and any other requirements pertaining to the individual customer.
- Identify and understand terminology and documents involved in international freight forwarding.
- Answer all calls to the department promptly and in a friendly manner.
- Assist customers and vendors with questions, complaints, requests, tracking and tracing.
- Receive, process, and file documents from the customer, shipper, or overseas agents.
- Obtain required information pertinent to processing/filing customs entry, and review for accuracy.
- Process customer invoicing and assist with receivables of assigned accounts as necessary.
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers.
- Follow client(s) SOP's with excellence.
- Process bonds and maintain POA's for new clients.
- Provide back-up for other members of the Import Team.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned with excellence.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- Proven experience as an Import Transportation Specialist or relevant role.
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of industry.
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of MS Office products.
- Operational knowledge of Cargo Wise platform a plus, but not necessary.
- High school diploma; BS/BA in management or relevant discipline will be considered an advantage.