Introduction: Visiting Nurse Association of SEMO is seeking compassionate, hardworking In-Home Caregivers. A Caregiver with our company provides personal care, non-nursing services, and companionship for those who need assistance in caring for themselves. A successful candidate should have prior caregiver experience as well as positive references from past employers. These positions may provide services in one or more work sites (client homes). Service times can vary from client to client ( evenings, weekends, or overnights). Service workers are employed on an "as needed basis" and may begin working by substituting for agency employees. As referrals are received, the service worker may be assigned and scheduled to particular clients. Clients may come and go, therefore, VNA does not guarantee hours each week. A worker's caseload will depend upon the referrals received and the willingness of that worker.
Job Duties: As a Caregiver, this individual will be responsible for multiple duties, including, but not limited to:
- Following the care plan as directed.
- Assisting with toileting, bathing, and grooming, such as shampooing hair, finger and toenail care, brushing teething, shower assistance, and more.
- Basic food preparation - Grocery shopping to the actual preparation of the food.
- Light housekeeping Making the bed, to laundry, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, dusting, and vacuuming.
- Transferring the client This refers to transferring the client from chairs, from the toilet, from the bed, and to and from a vehicle. ( If trained to do so )
- Monitoring changes in the client's health
- Companionship. Possibly the most important of all caregiver duties; lending an ear or providing a shoulder to lean on.
*The range of the duties described above may not include all of the duties to be performed by the Caregiver and are subject to change.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- At least 6 months experience in personal care giving (private home or facility).
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass all background checks
- Pass a drug test
- Able to read, write, perform simple mathematics and follow directions
- Excellent communication and listening skills.-Compassionate, patient, and caring nature.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to handle the demands of caregiving.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Willing to work Weekends and Holidays
- Must have a working telephone, with voicemail box set up.
Training: Training consists of 2 days of classroom training in Dexter, MO and 1 day of OJT in your area with a VNA trainer. Training is mandated by the state and can be transferred from agency to agency. Classroom training will be paid out at minimum wage following the pay schedule.
NOTE: All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check, MVR check, professional and personal reference checks, TB test, and pre-employment drug screening, registered w/Family Care Reg.