To win each day by providing excellent customer service to our guests. Our technicians work independently performing home furnishings repairs primarily at the guest’s location and explains proper usage, operation and maintenance of home furnishings to the guest. Assess the home furnishing damage and determines the appropriate resolution. Ensures company quality standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repair furniture in the warehouse and customers’ homes.
- Drive a company vehicle to customers’ homes.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by handling repairs in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- Ensure supplies, parts, and required documentation is handled effectively.
- Provide detailed information, including digital pictures, serial numbers, and descriptions to the Call Center for parts ordering, vendor chargebacks, reschedules, not at home, and service times.
- Adheres to safe lifting techniques, follows proper training for learned job hazards and ergonomic risk factors.
- Must maintain a well-groomed personal appearance, including no visible tattoos or body piercing and natural color hair.
- Adheres to company safety policy by utilizing proper safety devices such as goggles, face mask, etc.
- Plans driving route to guests’ locations. Ensures effective use of driving time and route.
- Notifies guest of expected arrival time.
- Assesses the home furnishing damage/defect and determines the appropriate resolution (e.g. level of repair, exchange, vendor return, in-shop repair, etc). Minimize inconvenience for the guest as much as possible. Ensure speed and accuracy.
- Performs repairs including inspecting replacement parts for damage and correctness. Ensure repairs meet company’s quality standards and guest satisfaction.
- Complete paperwork on the company’s computer operating system after home furnishing is repaired. Paperwork includes guest services requests, tags for the home furnishings, what was repaired on the product, when it was received and repaired, and service repair job accounting including delivery prep debit memo request entry.
- Notifies office of service solution prior to next service call.
- Properly completes required paperwork including bedding sheets, customer tags, guest service requests, same day sheet, daily log, etc.
- Locates and identify returned parts.
- Maintains inventory of parts, tools and supplies in the service vehicle to ensure availability for the service call.
- Ensures service vehicle is maintained mechanically (such as tire pressure, fluid levels, etc.) and in appearance both interior and exterior (such as clean exterior; clean, neat and orderly interior, etc). Review the daily vehicle inspection sheet and report anything out of the ordinary regarding the mechanics and/or appearance of the service vehicle.
- Practice safe and secure material handling methods in accordance with product handling standards.
- Report errors found on documents to management.
- Promote a professional manner in appearance and demeanor.
- Assist in training Finishers I.
- Comply with all applicable company safety standards.
- Perform other functions as needed and required.
MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (including job titles of direct reports):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Certification/Licensure: High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid drivers license with proof of a good driving record. Satisfactory completion drug screen screening.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Finisher.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Met knowledge/skills/abilities required for Finisher. Knowledge of company warranty programs; ability to effectively use power and hand tools including but not limited to saws, drills, sanders, screwdrivers, wrenches, and hammers. Expert in furniture construction including reclining mechanism. Expert in surfacing, (sanding, filler and burn-ins); color, graining and stain matching; and blind stitching, panel replacement and leather repairs. Knowledgeable in fabric and leather cleaning. Attention to detail. Demonstrated ability in working with intricate and delicate repairs. Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily resolve guest’s problems/issues, and perform complex upholstery repairs.
- Job Knowledge
- Work Quality / Work Quantity
- Customer Focus
- Initiative / Decision Making / Judgement
- Communication / Active Listening
- Accountability / Integrity
- Interpersonal Skills / Team Oriented / Collaboration
- Emotional Stability / Adaptability
- Emotional Intelligence
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Work completed mostly off site at guest’s location. Although may perform repairs within the Shop based on department’s workload. Service call preparation performed in a warehouse environment. Exposure to electric knives and small ovens with high temperatures to heat product used to make repairs. Ability to operates a motor vehicle on a daily basis for extended periods of time, and climb in and out of the vehicle. Ability to operate power and hand tools. Continuously lifts at least one-hundred (100) pounds; stand, bend, crouch, kneel, carry furniture, push, pull, grip/grasp and use fine finger movements in performing repairs. Potential exposure to chemicals either through skin and/or inhalation.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.