Private family seeking an experienced full-time home health care aide in the greater Houston area with a positive attitude and willingness to help however necessary. This role reports to a cozy private home with two cats, and a puppy coming in the summer. The client has a deep interest in art, design, cooking, British television, a love of gardening and is currently designing a new home from scratch.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Clinical related services:
- Assess patient condition by monitoring vital signs; recording intake and output; reviewing patient care journal; keeping family informed.
- Record patient information by making entries in the patient journal; monitoring physical and neurological condition, notifying family of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures: changing linens, dusting, vacuuming; maintaining kitchen and bathroom facilities, handling personal laundry; maintaining security.
- Work closely with home chef to provide nutritious meals by following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards; preparing, cooking, and serving meals and snacks.
- Assist in the general well being of the patient by taking care of the following: accompanying patient to medical appointments, documenting patient care protocol being prescribed and informing family, and may be asked to collect medications, ensure medications are administered.
- Assist patient by providing personal services such as bathing, dressing and grooming, as needed.
- Manage insurance documentation, ensuring payments are current & quick responsiveness on documentation requests.
- Other duties, as needed.
Personal care related services:
- Perform general errands such as driving client’s car when needed, scheduling personal appointments, assistance with trip planning and preparation.
- Work closely with other household staff members to ensure an overall safe and comforting environment for the client.
- Assist with feeding and pet sitting of patient's pets.
- Light housekeeping duties and cleaning up with great care, attention to detail and finesse.
- Help with ensuring proper home inventory stock: paper goods, pantry items, first aid items, prescriptions, beverages, etc.
- Other duties, as needed.
Special COVID-19 note: The client has a weakened pulmonary system, and any exposure to the virus would likely be extremely serious or fatal. You will need to take precautions to avoid exposure both on-the-job and in the rest of your personal activities.
Ideal candidate is discreet, punctual, reliable and extremely trustworthy. Nursing skills and health care administration required. Candidate must be highly focused on patient services, possess exceptional verbal communication and listening skills. A positive attitude, patience, physical strength and stamina, the ability to take direction and adapt to any changes are highly valued, as is exceptional time management skills and attention to detail. Use of personal mobile phones inside the home is discouraged and should be limited to break periods and emergency situations only.
Candidate will be subject to background checks. Must have a clean criminal record and active drivers license. Candidates are subject to and bound by an NDA. We offer competitive pay and a benefits package including health insurance and 401k matching.