CDR Maguire Inc. is looking to hire a creative, collaborative, detail-oriented and hard-working attorney to support the Legal Department in a wide variety of functions, including litigation management, HR and employment matters, agency and administrative issues, and contract drafting and review.
- Assist Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel in all strategic and tactical objectives of the business.
- Assist in wide-ranging duties, including, negotiating, drafting and executing commercial transactions in the fields of engineering, emergency management, health sciences, and disaster medicine.
- Conduct legal research in all requested areas.
- Review documents and materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Identify risks and propose alternatives to reduce risks involved.
- Attain deep industry knowledge within enterprise to advise senior business leaders.
- Enhance efficiency, operations, and performance of the Legal Department, including resource planning and workflow optimization initiatives.
- Provide counsel to and work closely with Human Resources on a broad range of employment matters, including recruiting, hiring, leave and accommodation, benefits, compensation, employee relations, restrictive covenants, discipline, terminations, compliance matters (including wage and hour), and strategies for managing risk around employment matters.
- Draft and negotiate settlements, terminations, and other employment-related agreements. Support the continuous improvement of process and standard form agreements/contract templates, to maximize efficiencies, while providing adequate safeguards.
- Perform cross-functionally across enterprise to manage different projects and execution of new initiatives.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school.
- 2 to 3 years of general legal experience or, in the alternative, 3 years of related experience in the Company or a similar setting.
- Licensed to practice law in Florida.
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in business English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation, basic arithmetic, filing, and record-keeping procedures, and telephone techniques.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
Must submit to and pass a drug test and motor vehicle record check
Provide Form I-9 supporting documentation that proves your identity and eligibility to work in the United States
CDR Maguire is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and EO/AAN/D. Must be able to work in the United States to apply.