Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: In Room Dining Runner is responsible for the communication link between the Front of the House and the Back of the House. Makes sure dishes move from kitchen to dining room in a coordinated, smooth and timely manner and they ensuring that products are fresh and of quality.
* Have knowledge of food quality standards.
* Be familiar with the proper use of room service carts.
* Have knowledge of food and wine presentation. Maintain the hotels standards of service etiquette.
* Be familiar with ticketing and cash handling. Insure that an order is reviewed at the time the ticket is put into the kitchen and that the correct amount of silver, napkins, condiments, and vases are properly prepared.
* Insure that orders are checked for presentation and completeness, covered and placed in the cart for delivery, and water and beverage are added last.
* Insure the meal completion time is monitored; if meal delivery will be beyond 5 minutes of estimated times, guest is contacted, offered apologies ad advised of new time.
* Insure that guest name and room number is confirmed at time order is up; guest door knocked upon and guest greeted by name upon entry.
* Insure that guest preference for set up is determined and prepared; dining areas are set with silver, condiments, beverages, cold items and soup; entrees are left covered or inside room service care.
* Insure that wine if ordered is verified with guest, corked and offered for the guest's approval.
* Insure that guest check is presented for signature; guest is thanked by name and asked to call when they would like the service removed. Insure that guest check is turned into room service cashier.
* Insure that stations are properly cleaned, stocked and organized. Insure that linen, silver, condiments are available.
* Insure that salt and pepper shakers are cleaned and filled; and vases are properly prepared.
* Clean spills, broken glass and debris promptly after incidents.
* Insure that room service carts and trays are properly stacked and transported. Pick up trays en route back to station and during slow periods.
* Deposit dishes appropriately in the dishroom or specified area.
Specific experience we're seeking:
* Customer service experience preferably within the hospitality industry
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills
* Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative
* Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).