POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Inbound Marketing Specialist will develop, implement and execute business-to-business marketing plans for The Post and Courier and other brands. This position will work closely with advertising management and staff to enhance the brand, increase value, grow revenue and meet revenue objectives and to ensure the distribution of content to the right audience at the right time.
- Grow new leads, including inbound marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to- action, landing pages, and lead generation content to grow audience, engagement and to achieve revenue objectives. Create, manage, and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns that leverage SEO, social, inbound marketing, email campaigns, and events to grow customer acquisition.
- Develop and edit content to position brands as thought leaders in the industry including blogs, press releases, white papers, video and more.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
- Provide content edits and updates on CMS and CRM
- Promote the B2B content across social channels, newsletters, email campaigns etc.
- Execute marketing strategies to maximize B2B sales funnel.
- Work side-by-side with cross-functional teams to support their sales efforts including support sales collateral.
- Optimize brand websites including advertising and events.
- Work with vendor partners to maximize productivity and efficiencies.
- Plan and coordinate B2B events including trade shows and client seminars.
- Develop a strong understanding of products, competition, industry and marketing goals.
- Actively brainstorm and propose new ideas for inbound marketing campaigns.
- Manage CRM and sales team use of marketing campaigns
- Measure the effectiveness of campaigns against agreed key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Understand analytics and data, using them to create effective content strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry’s best practices, strategies, and offerings around inbound marketing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- BS/BA in marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience digital sales and/or marketing
- Demonstrated experience in development of marketing campaigns and business-to-business marketing
- Strategic planning and analysis experience
- Dependable transportation, a valid South Carolina driver’s license, proof of insurance and a good driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills with incredible attention to detail and ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects at once
- The ability to meet deadlines, no matter what it takes, whether working independently or as part of a team.
- A solid understanding of inbound marketing concepts and best practices; creativity
- Sharp writing and editing skills as well as strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Inbound Marketing platform, CRM, CMS, graphic design programs and more
- Passion for continuing education within the field of digital marketing and willingness to train others on tactics and best practices; ability to quickly learn and become proficient in new technology
- Ability to react to change productively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in order to handle a variety of duties.
Physical Requirement, Work Environment and Travel:
Ability to move around the building to get things done
Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Close eye work (computer)
Ability to perform moderate lifting, 15-30 pounds
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. This worker is also sometimes subject to outside weather conditions, including extreme temperature conditions. Local travel is required.