The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Major Incident Response (MIR) Specialist at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
- Major Incident Response (MIR) Specialist in support of the AFNCR IT Services Program's Communications Focal Point (CFP) team.
- The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E).
- The MIR Specialist will be the person responsible for rapid response and resolution of enterprise IT incidents and events, coordinating with internal/external teams to identify the root cause, restore service with workarounds if necessary, and communicate status to affected stakeholders throughout and following the incident.
- This role is to coordinate IT incident response and not specifically interface with end users, but taking on issues such as site outages and driving the collective response.
- Identify major IT incidents and events based on reporting from AFNCR work centers, both internal and external to the program.
- Receive notification of an issue, either from a user calling the Help Desk or from staff observation, and triage the incident and run it to completion.
- Pull in the responsible parties (internal or external) to diagnose, fix, and communicate the IT problem/status/resolution.
- Establish and maintain communication with all stakeholders and parties to the resolution during and immediately following the incident.
- Provide IT incident coordination, track investigation and provide resolution activities across participating teams.
- Maintain situational awareness of the incident status and impact, and provide the latest information through the Government communication and command structure.
- Work with problem management staff to identify corrective actions to the root cause and track them to closure.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, certification, and/or training may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience performing IT incident response.
- Experience coordinating with support teams, both internal and external, to respond to incidents.
- Experience working in an ITIL-based enterprise IT environment.
- Robust communication skills, experience dealing with demanding customers in a high-pressure environment.
- ITIL certification.
- Experience working with ITSM tools, especially Remedy.
- Experience working in a military command or operations center, particularly an Air Force Communications Focal Point (CFP)
- Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR.
- Experience working at the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB).
*Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense secret clearance as a condition of employment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178