At TaxAudit we exist because, we help people! We are the leader of income tax audit representation and have enjoyed helping people for 30 years. We offer extraordinary benefits and our company is committed to a culture where we care for people, have a positive attitude, and are dedicated to the team. If you share these characteristics and values and want to make a difference, we have a new opportunity for you.
We are looking for full-time, highly motivated Income Tax Audit Representatives who will provide excellent tax advice and expertise to our members while working alongside some of the most knowledgeable tax experts in the field in a team oriented supportive environment.
The primary benefit our members receive is Audit Representation for any income tax audit commenced during their period of membership. This includes handling all aspects of communication, from the receipt of the audit notice through the appeals hearing following the submission of a U.S. Tax Court Petition. Our intention is to provide our members with the highest level of representation available, and our goal is that they should never have to meet with the IRS or state tax agency.
Key Results and Outcomes
- Provide members with the finest income tax audit representation and the best taxpayer education available while minimizing the stress involved in dealing with the IRS or any tax authority
- Manage federal and state tax audit defense case load, which includes:
o Working with the taxpayer to assist in gathering documents and information
o Organizing documents and preparing response packages for submission to IRS and state taxing authorities
o Drafting correspondence
o Discussing cases and tax law with IRS and state agents
- Provide support work on team members’ audit cases
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3 – 6 years of tax experience
- Must retain active credentials for EA, CPA, or Attorney
- Extensive knowledge of tax laws
- A resourceful style with good instincts about when to work independently and when to leverage support
- Ability to communicate clearly in the explanation of tax-related issues
- Customer Service oriented with impeccable professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Minimum Physical Requirements
These physical requirements are not exhaustive, and additional job related physical requirements may be added on an as needed basis. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
- Vision: Requirements of this job include close vision
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening
- Dexterity and ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects for significant portions of the workday
This position is a full-time in the office position located in Folsom, California. Due to pandemic restrictions, TaxAudit is currently working from home. Until the company returns to the office you must meet the requirements below to work from home.
Work from home hardware and software requirements:
- Personal Computer
- Internet Access
- Dedicated Workspace