We are one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multi-billion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories.
This position reports into Director of Indirect and MRO and is located in Rosemont, IL.
Manage assigned Indirect categories with responsibilities for analyzing spend data, sourcing, negotiation, administration, implementation of strategic initiatives across all Business Units. This will be accomplished by developing and managing the corporate initiatives, strategy development and execution. Responsible for leading supplier relationship management (SRM) activities, acting as the subject matter expert (SME), and leading cross functional teams in support of new or developing category initiatives that drive value and savings.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Director of Indirect and MRO to develop and implement strategic plan for Indirect subcategories
- Lead procurement activities in cross-functional teams with launch and delivery of new category management initiatives
- Support opportunity assessments and benchmarking to develop sourcing opportunities
- Act as subject matter expert for category, maintain business intelligence, current knowledge of market trends, commodity data, and regulatory guidelines and employ best-in-class procurement methodology for the category
- Jointly plan and execute sourcing strategies across Business Units utilizing 7-step sourcing methodology for sourcing projects
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance future negotiations
- Develop different award optimization scenarios to minimize total cost of ownership and conduct post-implementation variance analysis
- Track and communicate procurement KPIs and savings tracking to determine procurement effectiveness
Contract Management & Compliance
- Develop and negotiate contracts, long-term agreements and amendments with suppliers
- Review contracts ensuring compliance around pricing, payment terms, volume commitments, rebates, etc
- Support Legal Team in the administration of contract data, addendums, and additional supplier documentation
Supplier Relationship Management
- Manages key supplier performance goals and objectives; communicates periodic results to plan and manages top-level continuous improvement. Develops keen awareness of industry performance benchmarks
- Support risk management assessment relating to supplier vulnerability, sourcing options, and material availability
Project management & Process Improvement
- Develops implementation and transition plans to support supplier qualification/transition
- Develop, investigate and deliver year-over-year cost savings through total cost management tools such as productivity improvement, value analysis/value engineering, lean, six-sigma, etc.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Bachelor degree required in Business
- + 5 years’ experience sourcing Indirect spend and services at an enterprise level.
- Experience with Indirect category management: HR, IT, MRO, Capex, Finance, Labor, Legal, etc.
- Experience managing multiple sites, industrial process-oriented manufacturing environments and Centers of Excellence with a minimum of $100M of spend
- Demonstrated command of complex sourcing and negotiating strategies
- Strong people management abilities with superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership, initiative, and planning skills.
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytic abilities
- Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing is strongly preferred
- High sense of urgency and good attention to detail
- Multi plant experience
- Be able to travel in US and CD, travel requirements less than 20%
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.