Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Within the framework of the consolidated North America General Procurement (GP) organization, the Senior Buyer is accountable for all General Procurement activities and account management at Airbus Helicopters Inc.. The Senior Buyer drives the operational compliance to the General Procurement Process and Global strategies supporting the alignment between divisions. The Senior Buyer is accountable for and contributes to cross-divisional general procurement activities ensuring due process and bundling opportunities are realized. The Senior Buyer is also accountable for cross-functional project management including stakeholder communication related to business-critical general procurement processes and the systems that support them.
1. Procurement Strategy & Commodity Management
- General Procurement focal point for Management and Operations for Airbus Helicopters Inc
- Support Internal Customer (IC) organizations (or teams) and General Procurement in creating and formulating the sourcing strategy by providing data about local suppliers.
- The Senior Buyer works closely with the global General Procurement commodities and drives local multi-functional teams (MFTs) to maximize visibility on procurement planning.
- Establish and ensure regular two-way communication with key functional and local customers; manage the integration with assigned General Procurement commodity in North America and worldwide.
- "Local for Global" - Identification of key/niche areas where the company can plan offshoring and manage the complete outsourcing cycle in alignment with commodity strategy. Act as primary procurement contact for these suppliers in alignment with the assigned commodity.
- Supplier Relationship Management - Responsible for building relations with suppliers of assigned commodity, and identifying new vendors
2.Drive Sourcing Projects (Call for Tenders)
- Lead Commodity Multi Divisional Teams (MDT) in RFP/RFI Process for assigned commodities. Values of projects will vary, but generally up to $500,000 per event.
- Develop procurement plan and identify opportunities within assigned commodities which support savings program targets at Airbus Helicopters Inc. Escalate blockages to Key Account Manager or Regional Director, if needed.
- Manage the relationship with internal business partners, across multiple Airbus divisions, to achieve target levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for all Operational and Local Sourcing activities for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
- Perform "Local for Local" procurement activities in alignment with the commodities' strategy, based on GP terms and regulations.
- Responsible for creation, negotiation and management of contract terms and conditions and communicated with all stakeholders.
3. Team Management and Leadership
- Accountable for the local management of the General Procurement team at Airbus Helicopters Inc.
- Perform other duties as assigned and set expectations for the same level of flexibility in less senior team members.
- Provide leadership and coaching to less experienced team members
- Provide support & input to Key Account Manager to set realistic and achievable goals for the team based on commodity strategy, suggested operational improvements.
4. Procurement & Process Tools Expert
- Drive compliance to Airbus General Procurement and related processes through strong communication with internal customers.
- Resolve general procurement process blockages and recommend solutions to operational and contractual problems.
- Monitor and, when needed, initiate actions to facilitate timely payment to the supplier minimizing disruption of Airbus processes.
- Report savings to the Shared Services organization in a timely way through the standard mechanisms.
- Expert experience in procurement tools (i.e. SAP, Ariba, Coupa, Oracle, etc) is preferred.
- Drive non-flying procurement contributions to projects affecting assigned teams / organizations / commodities. Ensure strong liaison with all GP in the Americas, GP in Europe and relevant business partners.
- Must have General Procurement/Stakeholder management experience
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training: (Please provide requirements for technical, behavior and dexterity skills.)
- A minimum of seven (7) years of in Procurement or related functions. Preferred experience with increasingly higher level of authority and accountability.
- Knowledge of Business Case Analysis & TCO Approach.
- Procurement process and advanced negotiation skill.
- Project Management Excellent skills to motivate multi-functional teams in situation of often conflicting objectives (Internal Customer, Supplier, Budget) to perform in-country RFx and procurement projects.
- Knowledge of North American supplier base and cost structure.
- Awareness on applicable Laws (labor, IP, international trade).
- Ability to influence and support 'positive behavior change' within a multinational company at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a senior executive audience (internal and external)
- Proven leadership capabilities and team working skills that can be applied in a complex matrix organization
- Analytical capacities to synthesize large quantities of complex data to generate meaningful insights
- Capable of living up to the Airbus Integrity Principles, consistently demonstrating ethical leadership behaviors
- Proactive nature and strong self-initiative in an unstructured environment
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems and manage conflict
- Several years of international experience and relationship building capabilities across cultures
- General Procurement/Stakeholder management experience.
- Certifications in project management & purchasing are preferred (i.e. PMP, CPP)
- Preferable knowledge of additional functions including: finance, negotiation and communication skills.
Education / Special Qualifications: (Certifications, Licenses, Clearances required)
- A Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration or a related field is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Fluency in written and verbal English. Fluency in French, German and/or Spanish is highly desirable.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Travel: up to 10% domestic/international travel possible
- Onsite: 90%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts.
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs.
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
As a leader in our field, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
NOTE: Airbus Helicopters, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.0