The senior leader for IT Sourcing will direct and lead Category Strategy for all IT spend. The accountability requires close collaboration with the CIO and the IT executive team. IT is core to company strategy and achieving the best service, delivery, and cost is key to our success.
This role will focus on developing and implementing Category Strategies for IT’s spend. This Categories include Development, Hosting, Software, Application Managements Support, Temporary Staffing, Consulting, as well is innovative programs in Digital Communications and Marketing. You will partner with key stakeholders to ensure needs are understood and effective procurement strategies are in place. The role will be evaluated based on the successful implementation and execution of spend category strategies, competitiveness of negotiated products and services, and quality of supplier performance as measured by IT and the business Functions.
The position reports to the Head of Indirect Procurement and is based in our San Francisco or San Ramon office.
- Partner with IT leadership to develop and implement spend category strategies, drive strategy adoption with the business to achieve best-in-class service, delivery, terms, and cost
- Leverage a mature understanding for Category Management and contemporary Strategic Sourcing toolsets. Including, but not limited to, Demand Management, Incumbent Sourcing/Negotiation, Request for Information (RFI), Proposal (RFP), and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Develop fact and data drive approach to sourcing while using analytics and marketplace expertise to determine, benefits, risks and change management impact.
- Demonstrate contemporary knowledge of IT marketplace suppliers, contracting trends, commercial terms, and KPIs
- Align goals to company strategy to then create, direct, and measure progress for your category-specific initiative pipeline
- Responsible for establishing category savings targets, monitoring performance, and communicating with business functions
- Develop supplier strategies, monitoring supplier performance, and conducting periodic Business Reviews
- Lead negotiations of master agreements that result in best in class terms, conditions, and economics.
- Partner with Legal to draft comprehensive agreements in alignment with R+F strategy and goals
- Support the foundation building of the Indirect Strategic Sourcing Team including taking on special projects, contributing to the tool set, and sharing leading sourcing and procurement practices
- Strong interpersonal skills are critical; you need an ability to engage with successfully partner with executive leaders, budget holders, and external suppliers
- Excellent communication skills that integrate well with a “.ppt culture”; must have the ability to synthesize data into insights that delivers a “so what” message
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward them
- The qualified candidate must be self-motivated, poised, have a strong work ethic, and be appropriately self-assured about the value Sourcing brings to the company
- A high level of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risk and cost
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization
- The ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Must be well-organized with a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to flex between strategic and tactical problem-solving in a fast-paced work environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and confidence to design process and structure to solve business issues
- Demonstrated success leading company-wide strategic sourcing initiatives using a best-practice approach to award business and execute supply agreements.
- 10+ years of progressing responsibilities in indirect strategic sourcing and category management. Management Consulting a plus.
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a focus on Finance, Information Technology, or Supply Chain Management
- Excellent communication, project management, and relationship building skills
- Strong understanding of legal terms and of the intricacies of structuring and drafting various agreements
- Experience and enthusiasm for establishing processes and tools in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and shape winning sourcing relationships.
- Highly proficient with both Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective at developing relationships with cross-functional team members at all levels
- Strong conceptual thinking skills with adeptness to lead others through ambiguous and /or complex business problems
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.