Our multinational client is looking for an Indirect Sourcing Category Manager to join their strategic procurement management team. This is a highly visible exciting opportunity with great growth potential.
- Implement effective short and long term procurement strategies for indirect goods and services with the three prong goal of cost savings, managing vendor relationships and new product innovation best practices.
- Responsible for direct negotiation with suppliers, assuring that indirect spend categories and services are purchased at the lowest possible cost
- Works with strategic team to develop innovative solutions based on low cost analysis and risk factors as it relates to corporate-wide strategic business goals
- Develops and implements best practice category sourcing strategies in regards to supplier quality, overall cost effectiveness, delivery and risk compliance including development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; selection criteria and the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices. Leads cross-functional strategic sourcing teams to develop and implement category/commodity strategies to optimize project design and minimize project duration and costs.
- Use current spend information/data and business knowledge to identify sourcing projects for individual subcategories, and develop an overall cost reduction plan.
- Analyzes/measures supplier performance, tracking compliance, Reports and supports findings to senior management.
- Consistently reviews financial models, managing performance against corporate wide budgets and goals.
- Compares performance to the budget, continually striving for continuous improvement and progress as it relates to corporate wide strategic objectives.
- Trains and mentors team.
Bachelors Degree in Business. Finance, Merchandising or related field or 7+yrs Category Management experience. MBA preferred
Strong indirect procurement experience
Solid contract negotiation experience with multi million dollar contract budgets
Excellent communication skills