We have an immediate opening for Industrial Apprentice Electricians to join our growing team. This position will perform under minimal supervision to ensure that customer and client expectations are being exceeded. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: installing, repairs, diagnosis, programming and troubleshooting of electrical and controls issues. This position promotes environmental stewardship and a work culture focused on health and safety.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned)
- Performs installation, maintenance, modification, calibration and repair of electrical instrumentation, equipment and control systems
- Designs, writes and troubleshoots basic level PLC programs utilizing AllenBradley hardware/software
- Troubleshoot systems, controls and PLCs
- Install electrical systems, up to 300 Hp motors and drives
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Must be able to read and understand electrical, schematic diagrams and mechanical component drawings
- Able to read machine drawings and part blueprints
- Troubleshoot 3 Phase Motors and PLC's
- Experience running conduit; EMT, required, and GRC, a plus
- Must have working knowledge and be thoroughly familiar with the fundamentals of the National Electrical Code
- Effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback
- Must be adaptable, innovative, and eager to continue learning and growing with the company’s direction
- Values and incorporates contributions of people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated winning attitude that motivates people, and a results orientation
- Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and manages equipment, processes, and materials properly
- Independently troubleshoot and solve complex system and process related problem
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS & POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Texas State Electrical Apprentice License REQUIRED
- Minimum of 2 years in Industrial electrical experience
- Current driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record is a requirement of this position
- Demonstrated employment stability and good attendance and punctuality required
- Must have a good attitude and be willing to work with other craftsmen
- MUST have Industrial work experience or equivalent military work experience
- Must be self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in Cummings’ business strategies
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Uses verbal and written skills effectively to ensure that information is successfully shared throughout the organization
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving and identifying potential solutions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits offered; Health, Dental, Vision & 401K.