Come work as an Industrial Electrician at one of the top global producers of OSB. We offer great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside top talent in our industry and area.
Louisiana Pacific Carthage is part of a a Fortune 1000 leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. We have been here in Carthage since 1998. Louisiana Pacific as a corporation has over 23 mills located in the US, Canada, Chile, and Brazil and employs over 4,800 employees. Since LP pioneered their first engineered wood product in 1973, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry. At LP Carthage we invest and take pride in our employees. Our values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people, like you, thrive in a safe, ethical, challenging, and rewarding place to work. Which are some of the many reasons our average length of service of each employee is 10 years. Please visit our website at www.lpcorp.com to learn more!
To keep our manufacturing plant running smoothly and efficiently, our Industrial Electricians are responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining electrical issues and occurrences under minimal supervision.
Base pay is $23.48 per hour ($48,838.40 annually) with eligibility for overtime
Work schedule is Monday through Thursday 6:00 am - 4:00 pm and Friday 6:00 am - 11:00 am (on call, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed)
Employer contributed full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 6% match 401(k) including profit share, and more
This position will remain open until filled. We currently have two open positions.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules, regulations, and plant rules of LP Carthage
- Perform predictive and preventative electrical maintenance functions
- Perform basic troubleshooting and take appropriate action to resolve issue
- Communicate openly and honestly with LP Carthage ProductionTeam in complex and reoccurring issues
- Read wiring and circuit diagrams
- Perform work orders completely and efficiently
- Be an effective and value add team member in the Electrical Department
- Perform other duties as necessary with minimum supervision
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical functions
- Knowledge of electrical equipment and tools
- Knowledge of basic PLC
- Time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to read and interpret wiring and circuit diagrams
- Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Experience with both AC and DC Drives
- Vocational degree required
- Basic PLC training preferred
- 5 – 8 years’ industrial electrical experience
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Plant environment
- Extreme Temperatures (hot/cold)
- Confined Spaces
Why should you apply to Louisiana Pacific in Carthage, TX?
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including many health and welfare benefits, 6% employer matched 401(k) program (including annual profit share contribution), on-site and off-site training, annual performance based raises, employee discounts, boots and perscription safety glasses reimbursements or purchases, tuition reimbursement, and more. Please apply today at www.lpcorp.com/careers. We would love to meet you!