The Industrial Electrician is responsible for plant and facility electrical equipment and power distribution installation and repair.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and repair problems in electrical wiring.
- Use electrical testing equipment proficiently for troubleshooting.
- Measures, cuts, and installs conduit and fittings using hand and power tools. Develops parts list to order materials for installation work.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical distribution components.
- Installation of new equipment, electrical modifications to existing equipment, and relocation of existing equipment.
- All work must comply with all safety regulations (i.e., OSHA, Company, and local codes where applicable).
Education and Experience
- Must have completed an apprenticeship program and have a journeyman electrician license
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an industrial electrician.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be knowledgeable of local electrical codes
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language for required document control, equipment operation, and manager/peer instructions.
- Must have the ability to use and understand shop mathematics and handbook formulas.
- Must be capable of interfacing with other departments/personnel for the purpose of developing and/or supplying information to ascertain and achieve processing requirements.
- Must be able to read and identify components depicted on electrical prints.
- Must have a complete set of hand and measuring tools to perform the job function.
- This position requires 20% clerical and planning and 80% material handling, production assembly machine operations, and/or walking and assisting production employees
- Work is primarily performed on the manufacturing floor where noise levels may be moderate or high and hearing protection may have to be worn
- Eye and foot protection may have to be worn
- There is potential for lifting weights up to 45 lbs.
- There is potential exposure to extreme temperatures
- The occasional physical demands of the position include climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and eye/hand/foot coordination
- May stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement