Industrial Engineer & Capacity Planning - Intern
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 9, located in Burlington, VT, has an opportunity for a skilled and motivated industrial engineer to join our factory team for an internship role. As an intern, you work closely with our engineering team on projects that may include: factory capacity planning, product flow analysis, equipment-use optimization, new product ramps and productivity improvements. Work includes analyzing ways to balance equipment utilization, meet production demand and consideration of spending targets. This position requires an individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills. This position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Essex Junction, Vermont.
●Support to the industrial and operations engineering team to analyze factory equipment (tools) & processes
●Projects would include managing capacity for individual tools and identifying ways to optimize fab flow.
●Analysis and projections of equipment utilization across key equipment groups
●Projects would include proposed solutions and analysis of business cases and could include engineering support for manufacturing operations including work study analysis, flow optimization, and speed modeling.
● Participate in problem solving sessions using structured approach and lean methodologies
● Communicate effectively across teams in manufacturing operations, quality, engineering and maintenance.
● Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
● Education – Engineering Candidate entering Senior or Junior year in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Science, or other related engineering discipline.
● Strong data analytical skills
● Language Fluency – English
● Industrial Engineering Experience or related experience in Manufacturing operations or Manufacturing engineering
● Experience with Lean methodologies and structured problem solving
● Project management skills
● IT skills to support data analysis and reporting
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.