GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
We seek self-motivated and goal driven engineers to support some exciting new automotive manufacturing projects in the Metro Detroit and Toledo area.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office and production facilities.
- Develops work assignments based on a predetermined time standards.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize workflow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses.
- Develop and improve work methods.
- Work with functional managers and operation managers to improve productivity, quality, and throughput.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) especially for WO (Workplace Organization) and LO (Logistic) pillars.
- Support IE Manager in various IE and WCM related assignments and projects.
- Perform work force planning/leveling/adjustments per Assembly Plants' Volume Adjustments.
- Perform Direct Labor, Indirect Labor, and Ergonomic Studies.
- Interact with production management and union leadership on a daily basis on all matters relating to staffing requirements and IE activities.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of practical experience
- Automotive or related industry experience. Assembly Process Knowledge a must
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
- MS Office Suite and Google Sheets
- Strong Communication and Organization Skills
- MODPATS Certification Preferred
- Experience using a predetermined time standard
Must be able to satisfy requirements for pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.