Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77257BR Date posted 12/05/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Industrial Engineer to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team you will, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced Commercial and Military Turbine Engines, is seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual, who has a true dream to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment to support our Hot Section Module Center North (HSMC-N). The Hot Section Module Center delivers highly technical products to the Engine Centers and Spares Organizations.
We are looking for an experienced Industrial Engineer who will be responsible for process flow and capacity management. You will design the production plans through the use of engineering standards, lean tools, and visual/digital control panels to create the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow decisions.
- Provide strategic direction for systems, projects, and programs to improve efficiency of manufacturing and delivering products including internal and external manufacturing sources.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to recommend best solutions based on data.
- Establish critical control points in the value stream to ensure that products meet financial planning, quality standards, and customer demand rates.
- Build strategy to manage yield process time difference and change set up.
- Work with factory simulations to understand process bottlenecks and craft alternate layout strategies.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Lead standard work and 3P events with the lean transformation team
- Provide cross-functional guidance and expertise and train and develop manufacturing engineers and operation teams with the Industrial Engineering expertise.
- Work with the HSMC capacity analyst and update all models with latest cycle/process time.
- Advance the level of knowledge within the discipline.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contract
Qualification: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree-Engineering degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace engineering or other engineering technical degree
- 7+ years of industrial engineering, Manufacturing or quality engineering experience.
- Master's degree
- Manufacturing experience in process flow and capacity management.
- Able to understand production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven root cause solving capability.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems.
- Demonstrated follow-through and project management skills.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified or ACE Practitioner
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.