• Leads and participates in engineering related activities.
• Develops new manufacturing processes
• Assists in the purchases of capital equipment for tooling and gauging.
• Reviews blueprints to ensure parts are manufacturable and of high quality.
• Performs technical writing activities whenever necessary.
• Submits cost justifications for relevant issues and items.
• Forecasts long term planning for manufacturing.
• Creates the global plan for entire work area.
• Travel as required for project support
• Specifies what capital equipment would best fit the current organizational needs.
• Completes project write up and executive summary of needed equipment.
• Receives supplier quotes and leads in the selection of acceptable bids.
• Oversees projects from requisition stage throughout completion (machine acceptance-PPAP)
• Specifies tool design.
• Generates process flow, PFMEA's, routings, tool estimates and capital estimates for new product estimates.
• Lead Manufacturing Engineering Launch activities
• B. S. Degree in Engineering or related Technical field is preferred
• Strong mechanical aptitude with manufacturing processes experience is required
• Minimum of Five years' experience in manufacturing
• Experience with MOST is required
• Experience with Assembly is required
• Experience handling New Capital Manufacturing projects preferred
• Experience working with computers preferred
• Six Sigma preferred