Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Summary of Duties:
- Leads Test Engineering technical project team to develop, manage and report on detailed project attributes including technical requirements, cost, schedule, resources, and risk mitigation for multiple projects and in support of associated baselines
- Creates and manages Project Management Plans (Scope, Time, Cost, Risk Management, Stakeholder, Quality, Communication, HR, etc.) for various Engineering Projects
- Negotiates and commits project scope of work schedule
- Negotiates with Stakeholders, externals customers, and partners to establish Milestones/Deliverables
- Conducts Internal & External Project Reviews
- Interfaces and provides overviews to NNSA, DoD customers, and management
- Monitors and controls projects in partnership with Engineering Project Team Leads, Systems Engineering, and Program Management including coordination and facilitation of activities and resources
- Tracks and evaluates key performance metrics across multiple projects
- Escalates and works to remove obstacles for project success
- Drives timely and cost effective execution of projects including close out of completed projects
- Responsible for all administrative tasks, reporting, & reviews with a Test Engineering technology domain
- Manages forecasts within Project Management and Financial tools to improve accuracy and reliability in support of budget, resource and workforce planning
- Utilize Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques and reports on progress including variance mitigation
- Provides out years estimates, forecasts, and assumptions
- Negotiates and commits budget for project
- Creates "What If" scenarios, generates and gains approvals on change requests, and authorizes & monitors work against control accounts
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship (to obtain and maintain government security clearance)
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial) or directly-related technical field (e.g., Physics) from an ABET-accredited institution
- 2 or more years of experience in managing high value projects with a proven track record of delivering products on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with multiple teams both internal and external
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP), Strong Excel skills at intermediate level, Experience presenting to internal and external customers
- Experience managing multiple projects, P6 (Prima Vera) experience or MS Project experience
- understanding in EVM techniques and processes
- Existing DOE Q clearance
- JOB ID: req236865
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.