To provide process improvements, set work standards, evaluate operational costs, validate capital expenditure, document operational procedures, determine most economical process flows and perform project management functions.
- •Identify, evaluate, and recommend changes or improvements in operational process, procedures, and locations and provide analysis to support these changes;
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models;
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using CAD Tools (i.e. Solidworks);
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities;
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities;
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations.
- Develop, maintain and distribute reports as required.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- ·Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Industrial Engineering
- Must be a U.S. Citizen OR PERMANENT RESIDENT.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 Years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment working on plan layout and design or process flow mapping.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that included people, materials, information, equipment and cost.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis to determine cause and solutions to various technical manufacturing issues.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Project, Excel, and Word.
- Solidworks CAD Experience required.
- Six Sigma knowledge is preferred
- Specific Vision abilities required; including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus with a specific requirement for corrected vision at 20/25 or better.
- Must be able to work in a production environment and travel throughout the facility and corporation to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Prolonged sitting and terminal use, and have the ability to move around a manufacturing environment.
- Employee must lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., using proper lifting technique
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
GKN Aerospace Cromwell was established in 2003. Our site specializes in the design and manufacture of composite assemblies for both military and commercial applications using innovative and cutting edge technologies.