Safety-Kleen is looking for an Industrial Fuels Business Development Manager to join their safety conscious team. The Business Development Manager is responsible for the volume, revenue & profit margins for a designated geographic sales territory. This role will be responsible for adding highly profitable new business, and must be focused on increasing profitability in existing business.
The role must prospect, research, sign up and develop strong business relationships within the various channels of distribution including end users, distributors, blenders and manufacturers of industrial and commercial fuels. Products sold will include Industrial Fuels, RFO (Recycled Fuel Oil) and speciality products in multiple blends as well as identifying and recovering high-quality industrial used oil direct to a terminal or refinery.
Position may require travel away from home up to 50%.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Direct sales calls on existing and potential accounts (includes travel time) to maximize revenue and profit margins for the company. This includes building strong business relationships with key accounts.
- Joint sales/technical calls on customers with Tier 1 and /or distributor sales people to help increase sales and market penetration on our highest profit products.
- Account prospecting, determining potential customer list and establish preliminary credit approvals.
- Handle customer concerns regarding deliveries, order status, future supply situations, etc., working with CSR’s, transportation and operations functions.
- Perform administrative requirements (pricing letters, sample requests, travel arrangements, scheduling appointments, etc.) to maximize sales efforts.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years Account Management experience in a relevant market. Recyled fuel oil, industrial fuels, and/or speciality products sales highly preferred
- Great oral and written communications skills including public speaking/presentations
- Ability to develop excellent relationships with customers and network
- Analytical competency
- Able to travel up to 50%
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.