Come join our team! INL's Specific Manufacturing Capability Facility (SMC) is seeking an Industrial Hygienist who brings a working knowledge of industrial hygiene principles, theories, and concepts. In this role you will develop, recommend, and implement programs, policies, and procedures associated with the recognition, measurement, evaluation, and control of chemical, physical, and biological health hazards. This position works independently with limited supervision (conferring with supervision on unusual matters).
We offer a comprehensive relocation package, exceptional benefits, and a 4x10 schedule (Fridays off). This position is located at the SMC site, approximately 1 hour from Idaho Falls, ID.
- Perform IH Exposure Assessments (EAs) and sampling activities to characterize employee exposures to hazardous agents. Document in accordance with industrial hygiene program documents. Communicate sampling data results to management and employees as the need arises.
- Review work control documents. Identify and analyze complex industrial hygiene hazards associated with planned work activities. Demonstrate judgment in selection of appropriate hazard controls and mitigations.
- Attend work schedule and planning meetings
- Assist in the development of solutions for facility/project work control and procedure documents
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene and 2 years of relevant experience or Master's Degree and 1 year
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Security Clearance
- Salary Grade: 190/200
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting. The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of relevant experience and skills
Certifications: respirator user, testing designated position (tdp)
Surveillances: laser operator, noise (hearing conservation program)
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .