Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for providing strategic evaluation, assessment, and management over the Occupational Health/Industrial Hygiene program at the Mount Clemens Site to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, corporate policies, guidelines and site specific requirements. The EHS Specialist will report to the Site EHS Manager.
- Collect and analyze field samples/surveys.
- Ensure chain of custody process is followed for all field samples.
- Act as Chemical Hygiene Officer for site.
- Document and evaluate data in collaboration with EHS Manager.
- Assist with compiling data for reports and audits as needed.
- Manage Industrial Hygiene programs associated with Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Review Occupational Health and Ergonomic sections of chemical approval process.
- Assist with incident investigations, new process reviews, and facility design.
- Bachelors degree required. Safety Science, Safety, Environmental Management, Industrial Hygiene or related educational discipline highly desired.
- Minimum 5-7 years working in an industrial and/or plant atmosphere.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, occupational safety and health policies, and procedures.
- Strong preference on 3+ years’ experience in IH/EHS field activities including experience in determining hazard controls based on review of chemical and toxicological hazards and concerns.
- Thorough knowledge of IH instrumentation use and interpretation of results.
- Technical knowledge of industrial hygiene systems, principles, and calculations.
Please note that Axalta Coating Systems will not accept any candidate profiles sent unrequested and unsolicited by recruiting agencies. Axalta Coating Systems collaborates with preferred providers based on framework agreements and will not pay any fees to recruiting agencies without an agreement. Should Axalta Coating Systems receive a candidate profile form a recruiting agency with which there is no framework agreement, and should the respective candidate be considered or hire, this will not entitle the recruiting agency to claim payment or fees.